Status
Not open for further replies.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Blue World Aquariums has custom-built a doozy of an aquarium. They designed an one-of-a-kind half-gallon tank using a gutted-out XBOX 360! The aquarium is stocked with a colorful selection of Ricordeas and Zoas (not much else would fit in the dimensions).

Instead of stealing their thunder, read more about the XBOX 360 Pico-Reef at Blue World Aquarium's blog

Now this is a nice looking project for a Pico. Anyone have an extra xbox case sitting around? Let me know if you do.  :eek:

I'll just share photos of this creative build.

030.JPG

039.JPG

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Got a line on a FREE case today. Going to pick it up this afternoon on my lunch hopefully. He has xbox and slim PS3 cases, only the slim case will be too small I think. I was hoping to get a PS3 case and just curve some acrylic to match the case, but the xbox came first.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Picked up my XBOX case today. Off to do a diy build.

I have everything but the lights, I have left over LEDs from the Aquastyleonline buy, however the driver is a min 12 LEDs and I think it might be a little much in such a small case. Pricing stuff out still for the lighting.

Here is hoping that it does not go to  :poop: If anyone has a dead fat PS3, let me know :)

R

reeffreak

hey sorry was to late on this i have 2 crapped out xboxs you could habe used . anyways this looks pretty sick torx cant wait to see your finished product , good luck

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
You still have the power supplies to? I have enough glass to make more then one, so would still be interested in em if you dont mind shipping and I can just email transfer the $$$.

Let me know.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
i have a small power compact light, could be easily torn apart (i mean easily...as its falling apart on its own) and fitted to the xbox case.

Status
Not open for further replies.