Yellow Daisy Goniopora

Marz

I was able to pick up a small frag of this wonderful coral. I have had it for a week now and it seems to be doing very well. In my research it suggest "gonipower" or "reefroids" to feed. I am sure that many of you have or are having success with goniopora's, and I would like to get some suggestions.

Here's a pic:

YellowDaisyGoni_zps192c671e.jpg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
If you don't attach to anything I recommend just getting tank water mixing a bit of reef roids in a container and just set it in there if it ever isn't doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
You can, but it ends up becoming a broadcast feed of whole tank sort of thing. Because it's so fine (which the goni is able to eat) it kinda just floats around.

I know your tank isn't "full" as most people I think broadcast feed and every coral gets a little bit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I've had success in the past with them by placing it on the sand bed by itself. Then you can cut the top half of a 2L pop bottle and place it over the coral in the tank. Then feed through the opening of the pop bottle. This will keep the reefroids centralized around it to allow time for it to feed.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2