Yellow tang getting skinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
If anyone can gimme a good diet regimen for my tang I'd appreciate it. My tang is super skinny.... Giving frozen brine every other day, flake every day along with seaweed strips... Just seems like he's wasting away.... Help pls

Blob-79

Super Active Member
have you watched him eat? just trying to make sure he is in fact eating. My tang eats brineshrimp, flakes and any algae he grazes on in m tank. he is plump and colourfull on that diet. possibly does he have some sort of parasite? (worms) try to keep an eye on him when he poops.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Ya I watch him eat... He eats everything he can get his mouth in just seems to be getting skinny. I've seen him poo too it's not your typical string of poo it looks like a ball of yarn falling out. Wasn't aware fish could have worms... I'm going to try some diff food and increase feeding... But def getting skinny

C

crazybizzle

What a dumb question kyle put more food in ur tank u know all ur othet fish eat the food before he gets a chsnce to get some csuse u dont put enough in lol

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Ya itsbig poo lol and I feed plenty to the tank but maybe your right jamrduppr.... He's not getting enough....

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
I think I have too many fish... I posted a post regarding getting rid of 5 fish... Maybe that will help... I don't want them in there anymore... A agile chromis and 4 green chromis....

lewis844

make sure you dont over feed your tank you dont want to make your nitrates to high.

What kind of fish do you have? Maybe one of your other fish is picking on your tang the algile chromis is a type of damsile fish and are know to be aggressive to other fish that have the same diet as it ( i.e tangs)

Status
Not open for further replies.