Yellow Tang With White Lips.

Benji

Hey everyone. I have a yellow tang that I've noticed in the last day that it has white lips... I've read that it could be from grazing to much but I feed every couple days.

What else could it be?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

thehvacman

Did i read this right? You feed a tang every couple days? Tangs have very short digestive tracks and basically need to graze all day. Your fish is likely wearing out its lips trying to get enough algae off your rocks. How fat is your fish? A healthy tang is a fat tang. I would up your feedings to at least twice a day if not 3 times a day. Good luck.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Agree with @thehvacman 100% tangs are always hungry and when they aren't fed right they will slowly die/ be stressed out

You should always have an algae sheet for him to eat up , I put one in the tank before work and when I come home 95% of the time it's gone , and still he will want to eat more and my tangs just a juvi . (If this is true you don't feed everyday)

jack

I have 5 large tangs and I feed them a sheet on Nori every day they seem happy also I give them macro algea from the fudge everytime it gets eaten from the display tank

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk