Zoa

Luke.

Distinguished Member
image.jpg
image.jpg

So this zoa has been closed for 2 weeks and for some reason it looks like sand in the middle ? I don't know how it got there because it's 2/3 of the way up is this bad or a bad sign ? It's not a bug I always look for bugs

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Does it blow off? If not could be zoa pox, if it is id use Furan2 to get rid of it.. also i dont know what ur lighting is but IME if zoas stays closed, it could be too much light. Id do a dip, and put them on ur sand bed, if it was me. Good luck.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I started it off on the sand bed and the stem was stretching out for light and I haven't touched it because I'm scared I'll stress it more I did a dip when I 1st got it I'll look into it and lights are fluval leds 25 wat aparently it should be fine SHOULD...

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Atm I don't have any more coral dip is there another way or just wait and buy some I picked it up and put it infront of the power head and nothing blew off .. So I'm assuming it's pox ? How did it even get there ? Is it a stress thing or is it in the water ?

reeferkeeper420

Distinguished Member
Well its hard to tell from the pic so i couldnt give a definite answer. Does it look like little zits? Youd need to get Furan 2 to dip them in. As far as i know through readings zoa pox is just another bacterial infection that comes in on new zoas, but im no expert. If it is zoa pox though get on top of it so it doesnt spread onto any of your other zoas.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Ok it's the only zoa in the tank thankfuly , and yes it looks like that little zits that dip stuff , do I need a nther tank for a few days or just a 15 min dip with it should do the trick ?