Zoanthids Skirts Are Down

Josh

Looks like low light they are stretching and they seem "brownish" which could be from high nitrates. Can you post any other water parameters?

oh and welcome!

Last edited:

Mohamed Elmoursi

Looks like low light they are stretching and they seem "brownish" which could be from high nitrates. Can you post any other water parameters?
My niitries are 0 and nitrates are around 5 ppm. Ammonia is like between 0 - 0.25ppm. Im using the Orbit marine pro lights, I set them up to run from 12pm-6pm on 15% white light and from 6:30 pm- 12am on 95% blue light.

Matt1997

I would do something like this. Morning hours run blue only for maybe 3 hours like 7-10. Then blue and white together (I like more blue than white 1:2 ratio for mine) for the majority of the day at a higher intensity (try 60% blue 30% white) say 10-6. Then 3 hours of a lower intensity blue only so 6-9.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I would have to agree....they do look like they're straining for light, but are they fairly new in that spot? Were they shaded before? For me long stalks on zoos were them competing for light (like tree canopy in forest).

Mohamed Elmoursi

I would have to agree....they do look like they're straining for light, but are they fairly new in that spot? Were they shaded before? For me long stalks on zoos were them competing for light (like tree canopy in forest).
They have been in that spot for like 2 weeks, this started last week. They werent shaded before either

Matt1997

its 24 inches deep, and my zoas sit about half way
At 24” deep I would be running higher intensity. If it’s been 2 weeks they are struggling for light. No way I can give you direct numbers for success but start at 60 blue and 40 white for mid day. If after another week or two they still look to be stretching up the lights again maybe 80-60. I never owned the lights you have so no idea of their output.

Mohamed Elmoursi

At 24” deep I would be running higher intensity. If it’s been 2 weeks they are struggling for light. No way I can give you direct numbers for success but start at 60 blue and 40 white for mid day. If after another week or two they still look to be stretching up the lights again maybe 80-60. I never owned the lights you have so no idea of their output.
alright thanks i will give it a shot