Zoa's.... do they only grow upwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quikcolin

Hey everyone,

I've had this little pod of zoa's for about a year, but they haven't spread at all.  I'm beginning to think that zoa's only grow upwards?  Because of the small branch like thing they are attached to (which is on a plug), they can only go up.... not spread downwards??  Take a look.  How do I get these to spread?  Lean it on it's side, so the zoas are actually touching some of my LR and spread??

EA75E406-030B-4A50-ADD5-F56F0B903972-728-00000043F4157CBE.jpg

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
mine only seem to grow sideways,, they never stand up from the rock.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
It doesn't look like the frag itself is touching to much rock, it can't grow on something if it isn't touching it. It should eventually grow down and around the plug, then to the rock. But that is just IMO.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Mine started with just a tip a well. Took a while to take off, but was still only a month out so. But the butt of the'stick' was all touching the rock, so grew down easily.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
quikcolin link said:
What are those zoa's called?!  Their beautiful!

Your guess is as good as mine. I have 4-5 types and the only one I know the name of is watermelon. I used to know, but one day I will get around to ID'ing everything in my tank again.

Victoss

They may be Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoas, I have some kicking around in my tank too. Although who knows what it is with all them names we give these things. :p

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Victoss link said:
They may be Radioactive Dragon Eye Zoas, I have some kicking around in my tank too. Although who knows what it is with all them names we give these things. :p

Ya I've got some as well and I always refer to them radioactive dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.