zoa's

harleymike

Super Active Member
Put a few new zoa frags in my tank. All opened except one. Its been about 5 days now. My tubs blue are staying closed up.
Any suggestions. I could move them to another tank that has lead's. They were under led's before.
Mike

KBennett

I had problems with zoas for a long time.  I started adding vitamin C and they all got better.  Worth a shot.  I use pills from shoppers, but pure crystal ascorbic acid would be better if you can find it.

harleymike

Super Active Member
KBennett link said:
I had problems with zoas for a long time.  I started adding vitamin C and they all got better.  Worth a shot.  I use pills from shoppers, but pure crystal ascorbic acid would be better if you can find it.
First i heard of that. Interesting. Something else too add the tank.
I moved them into the other tank with the led's to see if they look happier.
If so I will grow them out and then fragem and move some back.

KBennett

Just plain vitamin c in a green bottle (Jamieson).  I dont like putting pills in my tank because of the other crap they put in, but it worked.  Colonies used to shrivel up and die, or not grow at all.  Now i can keep them and grow them. 

I plop one in in the morning and one in the evening.  Vitamin C breaks down after 8 hours.  I'm not very consistant with it.  Please note that I have a 220 gallon tank with a 75 gallon sump.  I only put the pills in a few times a week now.  I'm looking for cheap, pure, buffered Vitamin C crystals.

I also have had an acan frag and a blasto frag come back from bare plugs...  I'm not sure if this is due to vitamin C, or the decline of amphipods in my system since i got a 6 line wrasse.  They were originally completely eaten by the amphipods.