Ebay 12v Peristaltic Pump Tubing

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I actually had the same question as I recently came into a doser and was going to try airline tubing, just have to either dig up some that might be in my attic or go pick some up.

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Any chance your rodi tubing will work? If not there is many small sizes for airline tubing in stuff called synflex line, try some industrial supply places possibly tractor trailer parts places as sometimes small lines can be used to trigger solenoids in air brake systems

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Just bought 30' of airline tubing from the lfs here. $0.19/foot, so cost a whooping $7.00. Fits perfect and snug fit. Also 100x more flexible then the 1/4 poly line I have right now. I will be switching it all over tonight.

KBennett

I found some Penn Plex connectors that are going to work...
Now I just need to find a plastic box to mount them in.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
I'm very interested in how you're going to mount these things.

You should make a build thread for this project. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in trying these pumps out, me included. Especially for that price.

KBennett

I'll post pics. Should be pretty simple. My system runs on an arduino. I've got solid state relays to turn them on and off and little step down transformers to get the 12v off my lighting supply

Chef G

Can you adjust the flow to go 1ml per min on these sorry I'm new to using dosing but I got a new reef keeper elite so if like to try using a diy doser

KBennett

Probably... I hooked it up at 9 volts and it was pretty loud and choppy. I think it will be smoother at 12 volts. I haven't had time to play with them

Chef G

I just bought two pumps you kinda inspired me haha so I'm now on ebay looking for a dc adapter should I get a 12v dc 1 amp or 2amp? Gunna use a seperate adapter for both

Cliff

I m not trying to b a jerk here. But can u trust those dosing heads? I have heard of many name brand dosers crashing tanks because of malfunction. Will these be reliable enough?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I m not trying to b a jerk here. But can u trust those dosing heads? I have heard of many name brand dosers crashing tanks because of malfunction. Will these be reliable enough?

Pretty sure it is the programming that can not be reliable. The heads are either on or off and can not malfunction if there is no power to them.