10 gallon lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief hill

Ok I found a 10 gallon tank for quarantine and extra goodies.  The tank comes with "florescent lighting"  hood.  Is that sufficient for corals?  Dunno if it's t5
Or what do you guys suggest I go with. Cheap please,  not some type of 400 led system. I'm running. Led's on the dt but think I'd like to stay cheap and plane for this qt tank.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
xxmurrxx beat me to it.

lights shouldnt be a concern for your qt tank. for fish anyway.

i dont generally qt my corals..  a good dip usually works for me.  i do know several people that have a seperate qt set up for corals tho, because as was mentioned, if you medicate the fish, you dont want coral in there.

chief hill

Re: 10 gallon lighting

Sorry guys not planning on medicating tank. Just a setup to grow small frags of corals to move to Dt.
Will move fish into this tank if something does not look right but I'll let nature take its course
Main dt is stocked with fish so can't see myself buying more.
So let's call this another nano reef with propper lighting.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor

chief hill link said:
BUMP. Anyone have ideas???

if yu wanna scrap the hood. Or just a nice led.  Then take out those lights in the hood and go get the marineland. Led thingy is 40 bucks.  Has a switch yu can run just the blues or all of them

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
10 gallon lighting

Or try to find someone selling a par led bulb. One would light that whole thing up.

chief hill

Like a par 38?  Yea. That would be good. Don't know of anyone in Windsor selling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.