$150 Prepaid Visa From Christmas..

Luke.

Distinguished Member
So I've been sitting on this $150 pre paid visa but fr online only which sucks !! So ... What to do what to do ...
Those kessil controlers look nice .. But im guessing if I buying one i can only hook up one kessil ? Will I also need to buy another link cable to hook my 2nd kessil to it ,
image.jpg

Or

A new controlled power head ? Can someone tell me what one is better for the price ? Im looking to add more flow and don't want to spend to much but one is $50 and the other is like $130 but I don't NEED 1000 gph all the time if I will be using a 750 gph + a 350 gph and what ever my tiny canister pumps out lol. Here's what I was looking at is one more cheaper and less dependable then the other ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Luke.

Distinguished Member
My tanks 3' long 12" deep and 21" tall
Atm power heads arnt on a timer but kessil lights are ( power bar timer )

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Also ! This is more about for corals sake is it better to have a custom spectrum and % increase and decrease as the day goes on like the sun ?

Or would corals care more about the flow of a jebao ?

I will get the controller and power head but can only do 1 for now ? Any advice ?

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Jebao changed their numbering system between series. The RW 20 is a large pump about 4x the WP25 and way to big for your tank. Think RW 4 or RW 8 turned down...though someone here with smaller systems could give better advise as to the right fit for your tank.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Jebao changed their numbering system between series. The RW 20 is a large pump about 4x the WP25 and way to big for your tank. Think RW 4 or RW 8 turned down...though someone here with smaller systems could give better advise as to the right fit for your tank.

Oh okay yes I heard from reviews that these pumps lose power over time , so if I got the rw8 if it loses power im worried the rw 4 is to small and hard to clean because you can't take the case off ( someone correct me if im worng )

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
OK so if you're around 40gals, you want 40-50x volume total water movement all pumps combined(1600-2000gph) for an SPS heavy tank, half that is OK if you're doing mostly softies and LPS. In my tank I have to find sheltered spots for things like Wells brains etc... and using multiple pumps to create that total from various directions (creating turbulence) is best.

And yes this could start a whole discussion about how much flow is right...lol but I think that is a solid number giving due consideration to quality of flow which is also important.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
OK so if you're around 40gals, you want 40-50x volume total water movement all pumps combined(1600-2000gph) for an SPS heavy tank, half that is OK if you're doing mostly softies and LPS. In my tank I have to find sheltered spots for things like Wells brains etc... and using multiple pumps to create that total from various directions (creating turbulence) is best.

And yes this could start a whole discussion about how much flow is right...lol but I think that is a solid number giving due consideration to quality of flow which is also important.

I agree , just with 3 power heads im still struggling to move the sand bottom ( I don't have the right sizes )

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Seems very odd that you couldn't clean the RW4 but I don't know about that...I would think that a pair of RW4's would be the ideal solution for lots of flow and directional options.

All pumps lose some flow if you don't clean them very regularly (honestly I don't) and yes my Tunzes are better than my Jebaos but for 5x the price they better be...;)

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Seems very odd that you couldn't clean the RW4 but I don't know about that...I would think that a pair of RW4's would be the ideal solution for lots of flow and directional options.

All pumps lose some flow if you don't clean them very regularly (honestly I don't) and yes my Tunzes are better than my Jebaos but for 5x the price they better be...;)

Haha I was looking I think the cheapiest was $300? Those jebaos the electrical output will obviously work with our elecrrical ( I won't need any adapters will i)?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
They can be cleaned, just need a firm grip to twist the cap off. It only turns about 1/8" to unlock it.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
They will work on out outlets pending you buy the right one. They come in ours and UK outlet styles

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I can't seem to see the difference on Amazon.ca lol
No harm in messaging the seller to confirm. I personally shop at fish-street. com for my Jebao products. There is a store in Canada, I think in Ontario that sells them as well.

Luke.

Distinguished Member
No harm in messaging the seller to confirm. I personally shop at fish-street. com for my Jebao products. There is a store in Canada, I think in Ontario that sells them as well.

I've never bought anything online before , is Amazon different from e bay ?

And I have to use this dumb pre paid gift card that's for (online use only)
That "fish-street.com" would they accept these cards and is it amarican ?

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member

I also use fish street and have had great service from them even though they are overseas...although I think they have UK and US warehouses as well that they ship out of...

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I also use fish street and have had great service from them even though they are overseas...although I think they have UK and US warehouses as well that they ship out of...

So I make this clear where do I NOT want it from?

shamous113

Pets & ponds sells Jebao products their located in Simcoe County.

shamous113

I haven't bought from them but I would assume that they would only carry products that wouldn't require mods or adapters to work in a standard outlet. I'd shoot them an email and ask.

Tdizz

The Kessil controller will control as many lights as you have, but you will need the linking cable (which you probably have).

I upgraded my powerheads from RW8s to RW15s. So I could help you out if you would like