250W Pheonix Mogul Par Readings! 1 year old bulb and New bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

iantower

Well here are the numbers!

The tank is 36(Long)X18(Wide)X24(Tall).

Pendent/Ballast - Sunlight Supply LumenMax Elite Reflector, Lumatek  150W/175W/250W Dimmable/Multi-Wattage Electronic Ballast

Took PAR readings from a 250W Pheonix 14K Mogul MH bulb. PAR readings from a 1year old (to the week) bulb compared to a new out of the box bulb.

1st pic- Old light. Readings taken from the center of the tank (9" in depth from front and back), starting at the top just below the water line to 12" down to 24" down. From left to right it would be at 0", 9", 18", 27", 36".

2nd pic- New light. Readings taken from the center of the tank (9" in depth from front and back), starting at the top just below the water line to 12" down to 24" down. From left to right it would be at 0", 9", 18", 27", 36".

3rd pic - Old Light above water line. This looks like it's going down the water column but it's not. These numbers are all above the water line as if your looking down at the tank, the first set of numbers being the back panel (18" back), the second being the center (9" back) and the third being the front panel (0" back).

4th pic - New Light above water line. This looks like it's going down the water column but it's not. These numbers are all above the water line as if your looking down at the tank, the first set of numbers being the back panel (18" back), the second being the center (9" back) and the third being the front panel (0" back).

The rest of the pics are all of the new light looking down at the tank from the top.

5th pic - Just Below the water line
6th pic - 12" Below the water line
7th pic - 24" Below the water line

So it looks to me that you do lose PAR throughout the year... but at what point I don't know. With these readings though I wouldn't be to concerned with letting a bulb go a year. I wouldn't however think with these numbers that I could use only one of these pendents over a 36" long tank like I do, but it has worked for me. My new tank is only 30" long so I definitely won't have any worries.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.