29g biocube

pembro

Here is an updated pic of my tank and new frogspawn and favia. Just wondering if they are in good spots. The frogspawn has opened up huge, I just wonder about the underside of the coral since its not straight up. Thanks guys
These are my first corals. I also noticed 1 tiny piece of apitasia under the favia. I have never had to deal with it before.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Nice large frogspawn and flavia. You are right, that frogspawn opened up and really nice.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I did the same placement in my cube with my two face frogspawn and it grew amazing. Unfortunately I did not get any pics before i tore it down. But I have fragged both colonies and still have a ton of heads each. There is a link to my nanocube in my sig.

pembro

Very cool. I just wasn't sure if it was ok that the tentacles were touching the sand bed.  Any other recommendations? I like corals that flow in the current.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Torch, Hammer, Anthelia Polyp, Blue Clove Polyp, Blue Sympodium Coral and many many more.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
unibob link said:
Torch, Hammer, Anthelia Polyp, Blue Clove Polyp, Blue Sympodium Coral and many many more.

What are the chances Jerry lists of all those corals, he's got them all fragged up and ready to sell ;)

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Haha. I have some, not all. I'm sure I could fill a biocube or 2 ;) problem with wavy stuff is you need room in the tank....which I'm lacking right now.

Now if your sandbed has room for a monster elegance I have a showpiece for you ;) it's super flowy and healthy!

spyd

Super Active Member
Judging by the pics, it doesn't appear to be too deep. A SSB should be no higher than 2" and yours appears to be less than that. Give it a little while to get weighed down with bacteria, then be sure to stir it up every couple of weeks to prevent any build-up on it.

I have a Fluorecent Green Whisker coral that I am thinking of selling. It started as 3 heads and is now a good 10 plus heads. Flows extremely well and is definitely a stand out for colour.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
pembro link said:
Well I got home today and the apitasia was gone?

I would bet its still there none of the livestock you have in the tank would touch aiptasia, so I wouldn't consider it gone just yet. Probably retracted itself, is a snails goes near it, it will retract into its little hole or crevice, or even a fish swimming by it would make it retract. You could be right it could be gone, but it wasnt any of the livestock that ate it that's for sure.

pembro

reeffreak link said:
[quote author=pembro link=topic=6074.msg58562#msg58562 date=1377025393]
Well I got home today and the apitasia was gone?

I would bet its still there none of the livestock you have in the tank would touch aiptasia, so I wouldn't consider it gone just yet. Probably retracted itself, is a snails goes near it, it will retract into its little hole or crevice, or even a fish swimming by it would make it retract. You could be right it could be gone, but it wasnt any of the livestock that ate it that's for sure.
[/quote]

Well it was inside of of an empty clam shell, not much to retract into

reeffreak

Super Active Member
They can move, usually not far but they can and will move to a spot they like. Just keep an eye out.

pembro

So I have never had a coral host any clowns before. I got my onyx picasso clowns from kraken on Friday. They are not a pair and are still bickering. I picked up the frogspawn on sunday. But it looks like the smaller clown wants to go in the frogspawn. The clown is just hovering around the frogspawn and will go in and just lightly touch abit of his side on the frogspawn.

reeffreak

Super Active Member
pembro link said:
So I have never had a coral host any clowns before. I got my onyx picasso clowns from kraken on Friday. They are not a pair and are still bickering. I picked up the frogspawn on sunday. But it looks like the smaller clown wants to go in the frogspawn. The clown is just hovering around the frogspawn and will go in and just lightly touch abit of his side on the frogspawn.

That's awesome !! I'm currently waiting for my pair of Picassos to find the RBTA or GBTA . You have any pictures of your clowns ? To bad that they list there "pairs" as pairs when they're really not, kinda of a false sale practice.