3d Printing Is Really Coming Along.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I feel you. My 3d printer has been running pretty much non stop for 2 months. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

shamous113

I feel you. My 3d printer has been running pretty much non stop for 2 months. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Whats the maintenance like when your running it that hard? I'm thinking of getting one for "the kids to play with" ;)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Whats the maintenance like when your running it that hard? I'm thinking of getting one for "the kids to play with" ;)

I guess that will depend on the printer you get and how you have it set up. They range from $300 to $3000 dollars for printers that are pretty much the same maintenance wise. Mine is a DIY kit (of coarse it is :) ). It took me a while to get things tuned up to where I could run it constantly without too much maintenance. I have to clean out the nozzle every so often. I just replaced the belts on it as they were getting stretched out. I run upgraded steal lined belts. They last much longer then the normal belts. There is something typically always needed to be cleaned or repaired weekly, whether you have a cheap printer or an expensive printer. Some people, myself included, have separate hot end assemblies so when they need to clean one out, they just put a different one in and keep printing.