90 gallon sump and 90 gallon DT build

reefin

Well it has been a few weeks since I introduced myself on here and I have been reading a lot and looking around this site. Lots of info and lots of great tanks and reefs. This is the starting of what the title says my 90 gallon sump and 90 gallon DT. It's going to take a bit as all things do in the saltwater hobby. But this is my starting point and I'll keep updating as I go! I hope everyone enjoys and by all mean don't hesitate if you think I'm doing something wrong or I didn't explain myself. I don't have all the equipment yet and I'm hoping for some suggestions as to where I can or should go next.

Now the pics

the empty wall where the 90 DT is going to go
th_013.jpg

the closet on the other side of the wall that I had my wife empty and give up half of one of two of her closets not an easy thing to do I might add ::)
th_001.jpg

the 90 gallon sump
th_003.jpg

and the wiring that I was working on today 2 separate dedicated curcits
th_008.jpg

I don't have pictures of the DT and stand yet as we have purchased a good used set and can't wait to get started with the cycle, but all in due time for sure.
I haven't decided on the type of rock we will start with but I'm leaning towards the dry rock and seeding it with the rock we already have. Decisions decisions!  :)
I was coming to London tomorrow morning to pick out a return pump and I'm thinking of the mag 9. I want to use it with a manifold to operate a couple goodies so hope that's enough power (flow) (any opinions?)

dale

imo, i would say that you need a bigger pump,, 950gph sounds good, but after you pump water up the 4ft from the sump to the display you have lost quite alot of flow and you may not be able to run your gadgets off the return pump.,., i am looking at the waterblaster line of pumps, mostly because of the low watts they use...

reefin

hey dale,

I was looking at them this morning! looks like I' be changing the return pump for sure! off to London today!

spyd

Super Active Member
Definitely go bigger on the pump if running various reactors. The Water Blaster is a much better option. It runs a lot quieter.

reefin

Went to London yesterday to pick out a new return pump but none on the shelf! Disappointing but I guess I could have called first! Next time for sure. Still have time though hope the hydro don't go out! People on the east coast getting hammered for sure. 

reefin

Well we were able to pick up the new to us tank tonight and it is safe and sound in the garage for now!  :)

The set up starts tomorrow!

Thanks to virginreefer (Lindsay) your baby is going to make a great addition to our living room!  :)

004.jpg

Thank you!

reefin

Well here is the project as of today.

hope you enjoy!

let me know what ya think!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5Y-_yno824E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>