90gal Sps And Zoa Garden (pic Heavy)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Well new to the site so figured i would post a few pictures and tell a little about it so originally i had a 65 gal tall made lots of mistakes learned lots of lessons the hard way but with good advice got on the right track and now doing great with no losses including additions in a year :D about 4 months ago i started the long process of cycling and then tranfering everything into a new 125 gal ( wont be doing that again anytime soon ) most of what i have is growing from frags but do have some colonies i kept from the 65. I built my own sump out of acrylic running a kent marine media reactor with phosguard :) have a reef octopuss nwb 150 classic cone protein skimmer (works great) drenner mag drive 1200 return pump and a autoaqua smart ato. I have a refugium with deep sandbed and about a 5 gal pail full worth of chaeto and drains from main tank with an aqueon overflow box. For lights i have 4 sol blue led modules about 12" off of surface replaced all the lenses with the narrow beam and removed the wide angle (12" above water took out beam effect) for fish i have a yellow tang, powder blue tang and a kole tang all happy and peaceful a few variouse damsels a false perc and a darwin clown, coral banded shrimp, 2 blood shrimp, 1 skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 pistol shrimp, green mithrax crabs, porcelain crab, blue hermit crabs, green brittle star almost a dinner plate, red sea star, rock boring urchin, mandarin goby, 2 maxima clams and im sure im forgetting some things but gives a good enough coverage corals wont even list will see in pics just wished phone captured the colours a little better but will add more in a future post and glad to have already met a few people here some already know others just met[attachment=4604]

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Very nice looking tank. :) I agree with your statement that you wouldn't be doing a tank changeover anytime soon. I did that last summer and it felt like it would take me forever to get it done properly. Oh well, the rewards are worth it! Great job!

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I forgot to mention the tank leaked when i got it i had to strip all the sillicone clean well with acetone then reapply taping off the sides made nice crisp lines

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Some decent close ups of my zoanthids enjoy
[attachment=4647][attachment=4648][attachment=4649][attachment=4650][attachment=4651][attachment=4652][attachment=4653][attachment=4654][attachment=4655]

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
some more pics that show a bit better colour and so i can compare groth in a few months time... trying to keep thread active am open to suggestions or questions
20140710_170422.jpg 20140710_170610.jpg 20140710_170714.jpg