A Thank You.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I just want to take a moment and that everyone who took the time and opportunity to come to this years London Fragfest. The vendors probably had some of the lowest prices on their frags then I have seen in years. I saw dozens of people walking out with a fist full of baggies and heard people frantically looking for something to carry them all in. Although attendance was not what we had anticipated, the ones who did come out and support the event definitely went home happy. This show reminded me of the first London Fragfests in Lambeth. There were several racks full of $10 frags that I was tempted on just buying up the whole racks. The euphyllia was on point at the show to with just about every type you could imagine. It was hard not to shop myself as I do not have a display right now but I still came home with a few baggies. I also picked up a beautiful mated pair of Mocha Longfin Clownfish.

There was a last minute change to the charity that we donated due to some unforeseen adjustments to corporate policies Secore Internationals board of directors has decided to no longer be affiliated with any company in the Aquarium Hobby and Ornamental Trades and we do fall under that broad banner. I was advised that a personal donation would still be accepted, however that did not feel right to me.

Cayan Eco Divers is the best solution yet for getting the word out about coral restoration. Aaron does amazing work with his team and has had some astonishing successes lately. A big thank you to Ian Bell with Sustainable Marine Canada for putting this together. In total, we will be donating $1038 to the Cayan Eco Divers program.

Thank you again for everyone who came, both vendors and patrons. I will be taking the feedback from everyone a I will be working with others to, much like earlier years, hopefully pack the house next year.

Eggboy

Big thank you to you and your team for putting on this event, was the first time for me at this show and I had a good time and brought home too many baggies lol , I know from experience from varied events in my past these are very time consuming and often a thankless job so thank you again for your service to this community

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
I went to London Fragfest every year since I started this hobby, always had a great time and going home happy. Unfortunately life are too busy and can’t make it this year. However heard a lot of good things, always a great job Mark. Thank you

Fish whistler

I just want to take a moment and that everyone who took the time and opportunity to come to this years London Fragfest. The vendors probably had some of the lowest prices on their frags then I have seen in years. I saw dozens of people walking out with a fist full of baggies and heard people frantically looking for something to carry them all in. Although attendance was not what we had anticipated, the ones who did come out and support the event definitely went home happy. This show reminded me of the first London Fragfests in Lambeth. There were several racks full of $10 frags that I was tempted on just buying up the whole racks. The euphyllia was on point at the show to with just about every type you could imagine. It was hard not to shop myself as I do not have a display right now but I still came home with a few baggies. I also picked up a beautiful mated pair of Mocha Longfin Clownfish.

There was a last minute change to the charity that we donated due to some unforeseen adjustments to corporate policies Secore Internationals board of directors has decided to no longer be affiliated with any company in the Aquarium Hobby and Ornamental Trades and we do fall under that broad banner. I was advised that a personal donation would still be accepted, however that did not feel right to me.

Cayan Eco Divers is the best solution yet for getting the word out about coral restoration. Aaron does amazing work with his team and has had some astonishing successes lately. A big thank you to Ian Bell with Sustainable Marine Canada for putting this together. In total, we will be donating $1038 to the Cayan Eco Divers program.

Thank you again for everyone who came, both vendors and patrons. I will be taking the feedback from everyone a I will be working with others to, much like earlier years, hopefully pack the house next year.

AND I would like to thank you for your excellent picking of ticket skills when it came to the draws ! I would also would like to the thank the young girl that shook the prize boxes with such precision, like a well seasoned box shaker with many years of experience. Great Job guys!! will be back next year!

The Fish Whistler

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Just to update, all the winners who were not at the show were contacted by Ian from Sustainable Marine Canada the day of the show and already have arranged to receive their items. There was only a few last winners of the reefsupplies gift cards and they have now all been contacted and provided with the certificate numbers. Thank you to all.

Fish whistler

HI Mark just a word about the Poseidon salinity and the vortex pump mp10
The pen that I won at the Fragfest .. Turns out I talked to on the phone to calibrate it correctly while I was on the phone with owner of company and it was out 3 degrees both ways. This was after checking with two lfs and my own refractor. then Today on the echo tech vortex mp10 the wet side seized and broke the glue that holds on prop to shaft and also took out a chunk of the protective shaft cover. Not impressed. Is there any chance that I could get this replaced without a receipt anywhere?

Thanks

Bob

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
HI Mark just a word about the Poseidon salinity and the vortex pump mp10
The pen that I won at the Fragfest .. Turns out I talked to on the phone to calibrate it correctly while I was on the phone with owner of company and it was out 3 degrees both ways. This was after checking with two lfs and my own refractor. then Today on the echo tech vortex mp10 the wet side seized and broke the glue that holds on prop to shaft and also took out a chunk of the protective shaft cover. Not impressed. Is there any chance that I could get this replaced without a receipt anywhere?

Thanks

Bob
Oh wow. Quite the luck there. I will PM you.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk