Ai Hydra 52 Hd Vs Radion Xr30 G4 Pro

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
Currently planning out my next build and leaning towards 3 ai hydra 52 hd however i know theres a lotta love for the radions... anyone used both and have any comparisons?

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I've set up both lights on client tanks. The AI light with their App makes setting up the light a breeze. I've only done the Radions from a desktop. Still simple to program the light but setup takes a little longer.

I think for overall light I like the Radion for the light itself. It seems like it has more "pop" when looking at corals.

I know its 5 years back but reefbuilders did a poll and Radion came out on top 54% to 46% so really the lights are very close. I think which ever one you do pick you'll be happy you did.

Copperkills

I’m not sure th price diff, but if it’s substantial the AI Hydras are a great product...I have the stock AI Vega which I’ve been running for 10years...no issues with degradation, I can’t run them higher than 50% in an 18” depth tank....I’ve even dropped the whole unit into the tank and had zero issues after drying the unit out....can’t kill these things.

kapelan

Data taken from:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/radion-xr30w-g4-pro-led-light-fixture-ecotech-marine.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hydra-fiftytwo-hd-black-aqua-illumination.html

Hydra FiftyTwo HD LED
Power : 135w
LED
12 - Cree XP-G2 Cool White
12 - Cree XT-E Royal Blue
12 - Cree XP-E2 Blue
4 - OSRAM OSLON Deep Red
4 - Cree XP-E2 Green
4 - SemiLED 415nm
4 - SemiLED 400nm

Radion XR30w G4 Pro
Power : 190w
LED
8x Cool White
2x Warm White
8x Deep Blue
8x Blue
4x Green
4x Photo Red
8x UV
4x Violet
------
That basically means that Radion provides 50% more light then Hydra.
They did not provide full specification for LED, but it looks like spectrum should be the same.

Copperkills

Don’t let power in the LED world fool you; power doesn’t necessitate better. The majority of Radion owners I know are running no more than 15-20% power.