Anemone walking right down overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
So the other day I woke up to find one of my anemones not in sight at all, opened door to sump and there he/she was all withered away on a piece of liverock. I moved the piece of liverock into tank and it is looking 100 x better already since its water side ride to sump. I have eggcrate over my overflow but somehow this 6"+ anemone made it down. Lucky it didn't go into skimmer side and get sucked up by pump!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I mean I don't 'get' them.  They sting, they kill corals, they move, they get shredded in powerheads, they plug overflows, I think they even kill fish sometimes.  I don't get why people have them in such small ecosystems.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I like the look and the interaction my clowns have with them. I could say the same about some coloured sticks, they just sit there and don't do anything. Tbh, mine very rarely move, not sure why this one did, but he/she is back in its home. And for the moment all of my anemones are in a basket clamped to tank.

Jewel

I agree forget the Anenome, Forget the Clowns too. What good are they? They don't swim around the tank and they harass anything they can get close to. I'm done with them, I'm sure my Torchs and Frogs won't miss them.  I'll admit put them both in a 50 Cube and you got something for the kids to oogle at.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
? My clowns swim around my tanks, I have a pair of orange and then 2 smaller black ones. Won't be getting rid of them, it was just an event that happened and could have been worse.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Sure they bite, bully and knock stuff over, but they are a great addition to almost every reef tank. I wouldn't be without. And as for anemones, I really enjoy having them, and their relationship with clowns is one of the coolest partnerships in the hobby. Need I say more?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I have enough trouble with torch, it sort of monopolizes the whole back corner of the tank, but at least I have it glued down.  I guess I see torch as a fairly good anemone substitute.  Clownfish will def host in it, hell I have some hosted in a beer cap that fell in the tank. 

Status
Not open for further replies.