another newbie who's been lurking for a while. Time to introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnykita

Super Active Member
Hi everyone
I am new, Sunnykita, in memory of 2 of my favourite golden retrievers ever.  I've had a salt tank for over 2 years now (65 gal) and presently have 2 smaller 30 gal tanks set up as well. Why two smaller tanks? I had an ick outbreak thanks to my stupidity and not having a isolation tank set up. Lesson learned.  Ick cured, big tank ran empty for a month, and I'm back on track, sort of LOL.  I am beginning  to believe that an angel has been lurking over my shoulder or it's just plain luck that I haven't had a bigger disaster.

I will be looking to upgrade to a larger tank after Christmas once I get a wall knocked out. One of the few bonuses of being single is not having to consult anyone when I choose to take a wall out (as long as it isn't a load bearing wall LOL) ::)
All that aside, I have the average equipment and lighting. Rena canister filter ( no sump) hence the reason for the upgrade to a bigger tank. Hang on protein skimmer, seio water circulation pump for more flow. Coral life lighting.
I will be spending time watching a series of videos on salt tank management to help me sort through the must haves and like to haves and reading posts when I have time.
I'd like to say thanks to those who I've encountered already on the site and all members for an entertaining place to quietly indulge in my growing addiction.
I look forward to participating more as I learn more and sending pics of what I have at the present time and once I get a handle on the basic needs I look forward to having some corals as well as fish in my tanks.
Have a great fishy weekend !

nitro069

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will love it here, and being in a forum with locals is great too. any pics of you tanks? I would love to see them. any plans for your upgrade equipment wise??

sunnykita

Super Active Member
thanks everyone for the kind welcome messages, pics will come eventually, I plan on doing a lot of research in the coming weeks and hopefully will aquire the bigger tank, sooner vs later.
sunnykita

Status
Not open for further replies.