any trade shows or swaps anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazybizzle

any trade shows or swaps anywhere? in the next little while? even if its in or around michigan/detroit  and of course up to t.o. if anyone knows list it here. thanks..

S

shayneh

MACNA next month in Des Moines Iowa....it's the grand poobah of tradeshows!

Seggsy

I don't know anything about this, but it's a bit closer.  Just saw a thread on michiganreefers.

http://www.masm.org/Events/Event.aspx?ID=122

2011 Monster Swap
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Cranbrook Institute of Science ( Bloomfield Hills, MI )
39221 Woodward Avenue, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303

S

shayneh

Check out aquariumpros.ca I know that the Durham reef club and a few others are planning events. Also on the same forum there is a group trying to restart MACL (marine aquarium club of London).  But MACNA is by far the Mecca of reefing addicts.

E

estwing

The London Aquaria Society is holding a spring auction Sunday may 1st in Dorchester on. They are pretty much freshwater but still might be a nice way to spend a Sunday.  You might get some equipment etc you can use for saltwater  ;D If you would like to attend email me and I will send you more info
Cheers

C

CreativeGuy

MACNA "next month"?????  in Des Moines Iowa.
Checking  it out, the Website and information says September 9th through 11th, 2011 in Iowa.
I am planning on going for at least a couple of the days (my first time), not sure who else from the area is going.

C

crazybizzle

i would love to go but its 850 km from windsor to long of a drive unless im wrong about the distance

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
P

phi delt reefer

are you guys just going for fish and dry goods?

or do you guys have some paperwork to bring corals across?

What about buying a 24 and shoving a frag in each bottle then bringing em across, lol!

C

crazybizzle

Ive brought corals back from states 3 times i just say there food for my fish or live rock no problems yet..

C

crazybizzle

Seggsy link said:
So, did anyone go today?  Whadya get?

yep i went pretty awesome pricing was a still a little high i got duncans people eaters zoas purple death palys white and red flame scallop amazing urchin tri coloured torch dragons breath alien eye chalice 3 acro and a millie declared it all at customs long story short got raped had car ripped apart got corals thrown around was there for 3 hours got my phone taken my pics texts emails gone thru had to log on to this site to show them what it was  got to keep my stuff pay 3 dollars in duty and lost half of my stuff from customs smashing everything...great time

xxmurrxx

Gotta love the border guards... Also how you can do nothing about it.

Surprised, I never had a problem coming back to Canada but going to the states is a different story.

C

crazybizzle

I know ive never had a problem coming back to our side either just this one guard was being a complete dick the other ones with him were fine i jyst cant believe they can go thru ur phone look at all ur emails text pics and u cant do anything fucking crazy they had my phone for a hour looking at everything he even told me i was.bullshiting when he asked.how.much my zoa.frag was i told him 10 and he flipped out and said it was worh 200 unreal.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
crazybizzle link said:
long story short got raped
...Literally? lol rubber glove and all?

crazybizzle link said:
had car ripped apart
damn..how bad?

that sucks..some of those border cops are real dinks. I crossed into the states last weekend just north of niagra falls, the guy was a total dink..at one point he asked me where I was headed..I said New york. he started freaking out on me saying your already in new york...i couldnt do anything but laugh at him and finish with "city"...is it really that hard to figure out

Blob-79

Super Active Member
crazybizzle link said:
i told him 10 and he flipped out and said it was worh 200 unreal.

lmao..they probally figure that out the same way they figure the street value drugs they seize

C

crazybizzle

well no rubber glove thank god but had to take shirt off undo pants and this was all outside. as for car took the door panels off undid the carpet.  i dont even have a record or anything besides drunk and disorderly. i wase just pissed that they can go thru ur emails,facebook texts and what not.. and at the end of 3 fn hours guys says" take ur shit pay 3.29 in tax i got more important things to do then to deal with u"...lol couldnt say that 2 hours ago asshole fuck. i wish i could write all the nonscense this guy was dealing out but that will take forever. oh ya i guess when ur wife is a teacher and she has school supplies and report cards in ur car  thats unheard of and that when ur 30 and uve worked at chryslers for 10 years, thats a lie lol man thats some of the crap i dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.