Anyone from London going to FragaLot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Anyone from London area going to fragalot in the near future? He has some very nice Aussie hammers I want.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
And his red dragon too :)

Last time I was there I seen it but the whole mother colony was supposed to be sold.....I guess the deal fell through

Merry Xmas everyone!

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
I think we had this conversation but if not be aware that his "red dragon" is not the same as the RR /Tyree red dragon.  The original is more delicate.  Dont know if you care but thought ppl should know.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
Ok very good to know Darryl.....maybe I will pass on it.....I would like to see his hammers in person....have u seen them?

AdamS

I went to his big sale a while back.  I was pretty pretty underwhelmed with everything he had.

:p

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
From what I heard, most of the photos you see that he posts are already sold. Which I understand, why post photos of the shit stuff when you want people to come. He posts the nice stuff to get you in the door, and you drove from London...so you might as well buy something even if its shit as you just drove 1.5 hours :)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Its not a fake...its just not the same as the ORA pearlberry...not even close.  If you want an ORA pearlberry bad enough you should be able to recognize that one as not an ORA pearlberry.

Never assume that fragalots names are the same as the collector pieces out there.  He likes to use the names he see, hears or reads about but generally doesnt even know what an original would look like.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I'm never gonna get any pearlberry!  I feel like a cartoon character in a cereal commercial. 

teebone110

Distinguished Member
You can get some nice pieces from frag-a-lot, but the key is to ask Burc when he will be getting his next shipment. Plan your trip accordingly and you would be surprised at the selection available. A lot of the Toronto LFS work together and split the same shipments. The challenge is that Burc's coral are all wild, so there is a good chance the colours won't hold or survival longterm isn't the greatest.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
It can also work the other way as well.....colours may not be there at all and coral may look poor until you get it into your tank....... :)
I have tried a couple goniopora from him and all died eventually.....would love to try a maricultured goniopora! Also find that some of his zoas and Pallys do poor.....a couple have survived but just don't thrive like some maricultured ones. I still do very much enjoy visiting burc and find that he does get a few very nice pieces in now and again....all should be listed as ???? Hahaha  but after all it is what the specimens look like and how it grows....not just a name that makes the piece....

Status
Not open for further replies.