Anyone Have “clean” Cheato

Luke.

Distinguished Member
As title says by clean I mean free of anything , (bristle worms . Flat worms , aptasa , vermit snails , etc etc ) if you have any in your tank it’ll be in the cheato most likely , lmk if you do or not.
Been looking at algae barn and they hav been out of stock for weeks now ..

Seasquirt

Gotta a question for you chaeto users, as our tanks use it to cut down on nitrate and phosphate i imagine does the chaeti get saturated with those two and do we have to remove it from our tanks or does it expell those nutrients on its own?

Jason Bell

The export method is manual removal of the cheato, it up takes nutrients to grow, you remove or harvest the growth removing those nutrients. I want to use some type of algae scrubber on the new tank as I won't have enough space for an effective refugium.

Seasquirt

I bought an ATS Its made by ice cap and sold at Reef Supplies.

I bought to help with high phosphates among other things and i too don't have the room for a proper fuge. You can make one pretty easy but it's the lighting thats hard to do.

Looking forward to setting it up on my new tank, after xmas

Josh

Piece of advice on the icecap ATS (i have 2) is to make sure when it leaks and trust me it will.... that it leaks back into the tank. I have mine straddling my sump in both my tanks and i would say at least once a month 1 of them starts leaking. They work amazing but getting them setup so they dont leak water is a bit of a pain in the ass i wont lie.