Anyone Have A Idea ??

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
20160619_145726.jpg
anyone know what these things are my glass are?

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Damn... what do flat worms do for future reference... that's alot of the little buggers to buy the looks of it

derrick orosz

Super Active Member
Very bad thing. Siphon as many as you can out over a few days and then hit the tank with Flatworm Exit. Be ready for some big water changes too.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Damn. Strange how they just showed up. I haven't added anything new to the tank since the london frag show a couple months a go.

Are the tiny reddish dots red flatworms? I was reading that some of the white/transparent flatworms feed on the red/brown ones. Another option is to get one of the many wrasses available. Apparently wrasses are great for flatworm control. :D

No red dots on these ones. I have a yellow wrasse but he never pics at anything. Just seems to eat the food I put in

No I meant the red dots on the glass in your pic. There's a few of them around the white flatworms and several down in the bottom right corner. I was wondering if those were the red/brown flatworms. If not maybe it's just coralline algae or something.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Six line wrasse or leopard wrasse would be your best bet for natural elimination, but even then that particular fish may not even eat them, mandarins or even blue damsels may eat them as well, but best bet is to get as many as you can over a couple days, use the exit and then be ready for many water changes, good luck!!!:)

I have a couple blue sapphire damselfish (Chrysiptera springeri) in my main display tank. I got them because they were on sale and very BLUE. Apparently they take care of flatworms however that's not why I got them. I do see them picking at the rocks quite often.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1620388

Incredible Aquariums in London had them on sale for $10 each a week or so ago but seem to be out right now. Great fish with great personalities, very colourful and hardy and stay small. Maybe see if you can find some of these in your neck of the woods. :cool: