Anyone sell Salt Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTang

Anyone in Windsor Area sell salt water by the gallon?

I'm starting up a tank and need salt water already mixed with RO.

I don't want to invest in RO machine for a 55g tank, so I'd rather just go somewhere and buy it by the gallon. Anyone have any tips?

G

Gietz

Sams does, I got my kick start from him, 35 gallons And I got a RODI Unit for my 55, ur going to need one as it cones in handy with 2-3 water top offs ever week

C

crazybizzle

KingTang link said:
Anyone in Windsor Area sell salt water by the gallon?

I'm starting up a tank and need salt water already mixed with RO.

I don't want to invest in RO machine for a 55g tank, so I'd rather just go somewhere and buy it by the gallon. Anyone have any tips?

petsmart sells a 3 gallon jug of already mixed by caribsea for 12 bucks ,....but really if ur going to set up a tank in this hobby and u dont have a ro/di eventually ur going to be in trouble, u can also use tap water and treat it with water treatment use a hob filter with carbon and dose bacteria and then go thru ur cycle for a month or 2......or buy purified/distilled water from a water company and buy salt and mix it urself and save money?????????????? u will seriously need a water source for everyday top off and dont forget u will need salt for ur montly water changes......research..

KingTang

I plan on doing bi-yearly water changes, Thanks!

I have an RODI unit in my house that runs in my kitchen sink. Just don't feel like trucking 55gallons out of it as it would be akward to go from my kitchen to downstairs a million times to fill up a tank. But I can use my sink RODI for top offs in the future

Research? I'm here talking about RODI units and you think I don't know what I'm talking about? Most people just use tap water, and I wouldn't be surprised if most people on this board use tap water.

partydiver

Blob-79 link said:
[quote author=KingTang link=topic=1524.msg10551#msg10551 date=1318877869]
Most people just use tap water, and I wouldn't be surprised if most people on this board use tap water.

oh god....here we go again
[/quote]

lol

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
You aren't supposed to drink de ionized water so having a di hooked to a sink might not be a good thing.. Lol

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
TAPWATER?!?!?!? Are you nuts!?!?!  Lmao.... I'll let The pros go from here heheh u just opened up a can of worms again! Lmao jk... Run a line if u can from your sink to your tank downstairs I have the exact same setup. Attach a float valve and call it a day. No more lugging water

daleomilla

KingTang link said:
I plan on doing bi-yearly water changes, Thanks!

I have an RODI unit in my house that runs in my kitchen sink. Just don't feel like trucking 55gallons out of it as it would be akward to go from my kitchen to downstairs a million times to fill up a tank. But I can use my sink RODI for top offs in the future

Research? I'm here talking about RODI units and you think I don't know what I'm talking about? Most people just use tap water, and I wouldn't be surprised if most people on this board use tap water.
you have fun at doing by-yearly water changes that means that you wont be in it very long.I think you should do some research on water changes and as far as tapwater goes you do what you want but I know most people use ro.

C

crazybizzle

hey king u posted, we responded, so far ur already doing bad for 1 if u think u can do bi-yearly water changes u have no idea what ur doing, for 2 lugging 55 gallons to fill from ur house already isnt bad considering u are asking where to buy water 55 galls of water from a store?..dosnt that mean ur lugging it from the store to ur house..??? duh, and another u said u dont want to invest in one..u said u already have one!!!..wtf where here to help so "Thanks.." smart ass

KingTang

The smart ass comments started with you sir.

these  ??? ??? ??? little smile faces and telling me to do research came off and being sarcastic and a smart ass. Then again this is the internet and I may have interpreted it differently. Who knows, I'm not in front of you to read your facial expressions and tone.

And yes I believe I can get away with doing bi-yearly changes, because I'm building a FOWLR tank and using Aquaripure as a biological filter.

As for the RO unit, YES I have one in my Kitchen, which runs off a tap. It would be a pain to fill it up a bucket mix it with salt and dump and repeat. I'd rather go somewhere else and do the work for me and probably cheaper. I'm hearing quotes of $1 a gallon. Considering the price of water from my house and the salt, and the mess I have to make of the filter and the power consumption of running a powerhead in the bucket and having to wait a day for it to settle, I'd say this is a deal.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
ive see tons of online adverts for those Aquaripure thingies,including that even a skimmer isnt required,if you manage to get your sysem up i would sure like to see a log or a journal on your water tests after it matures

G

Gietz

Like I said Sam sells already mixed water really cheap. As for ur water changes, I started my tank and I'm moving it into a reef soon but it been a FOWLR for 3 months and since then I've have nitrates up to 40 ppm. U need water changes trust me!! Algee grow from high nitrates and so does alot of other problems. I do weekly water changes of 5 gallons and I have to lug my 5 gallon tank ip from the basement.  Trust us when we say you need to do water changes and trust me when I say there pretty easy!!!

And don't bring up the tap water vs RODI topic again lol. We have talk about this enough lol

Blob-79

Super Active Member
pulpfiction1 link said:
ive see tons of online adverts for those Aquaripure thingies,including that even a skimmer isnt required,if you manage to get your sysem up i would sure like to see a log or a journal on your water tests after it matures

somehow I have a feeling he doesnt plan on investing in tests kits.

KingTang

Nope not going to invest in test kits at all. lol! ;D

Also not going to invest in fish nets, going to catch all the fish with my hands.

While I'm at it, I think I'll skim on fish food to. I'll just give them my left overs from my meals throughout the day. What's good for me and good for them!

P.S Pulp, once I get the unit I will create a thread on here to record the success or non-success of the unit. I will post imaginary numbers from my non existent test kit prior to buying the unit and then post imaginary results from my invisible test kit after the unit has been installed. I will also keep you guys updated thought a year process, in case this unit only works for a few months and then fails. I want to help you guys out too, so this will be my way of contributing to this board!

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
He seems to know what he wants to do, he has a plan, let him do it his way... he has an answer... Sams sells salt water....

Thread closed

Blob-79

Super Active Member
LOL...all sarcasm aside, I would be interested to see test results as well. (the non imaginary kind)

btw theres no need to get all excited. No one here is attacking you. If all your planning on keeping is fish, all the power to you. Alot of the things we consider to be necessary doesnt apply to a fowlr. Given this information, you may have gotten different responses.

Please do keep us posted on how the aquaripure works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.