Apex to Jebao Harness WP/DC pumps

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I never realized that I did not post this.

Best update I made to my Apex with amazing control. I use the cable on 2 WP-40 pumps on my 120gal. Not sure if more information is needed by anyone, or if it explanatory enough on its own, but here is how I did it.

Yes, an Apex uses 0-10v from the variable speed ports. This cable splits the voltage to 0-5v that is used by the Jebao WP and DC pumps.

***Keep in mind that different venders have different color wires for the 3 pin waterproof connection, so if you do one yourself, but sure to test the pin outs on it before or you risk dropping 24v into your VSP.***

***On other threads that I found to help me build this, they all said that any 2 resistors will work for this. NOT any 2 will work. I use 1/4w 2.7k Ohms and have used 1/4w 1k ohm with no issues. I recently reviewed a build someone did that was not working. They had used 10 Ohm resistors...they did not work! I do not know the minimum size required, but just thought I would add that. ***

***I also suggest getting a harness assembled without dismantling your current controller. 2 reasons mostly. One, IF something ever happens to your Apex, you will have no way of controlling your pumps until you get it fixed. Two, if you ever are looking to sell them, upgrade your tank etc, then they will be worthless without a controller.***

I use the following for the pins on the ethernet patch cable. Info is in the Apex guide as well though.

ruxkiv.jpg

This is the orange and orange/white ethernet cable wires as noted above, controlled by the V2 or V4 depending which port you are plugged into. Do not mind the bad soldering, I have gotten 100x better and quicker now that I have made dozens of double cables and waiting on parts for more.

vz92lu.jpg

If you purchase a cable off Aliexpress, (search Ali or eBay for 3x0.75 SQMM LED Light Strips 3 Pin Waterproof Connector Cable)typically the Blue will be your +DC, brown will be ground and Yellow/Green will be 0-5v variable signal. Here is a pic to get an idea of what wire goes where.

jt411z.jpg

Double check the continuity and be sure that the cable you bought matches. If not, it is okay, just be sure to adjust your project according to your cable.

akr4.jpg

Here we go...

Questions, comments, concerns?

Last edited:

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
hahaha.. nice...

its against fragtank policy for people to sell stuff though.. it takes away from the sponsors.
;)

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
its funny tha tyou post the instructions with such a lucrative product

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The funny thing is that I post it all and have still had orders for over 100 in the last few months, including 2 group buys. Just wish a retailer would pick them up lol.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
And apparently they keep on coming. Just got 5 more ...waiting on Paypal payment first though, and one more who needs to save up for a VDM and wants to buy all the same time.

Just fixed the embedded video.

paulsvang

Where did you find the jebao connector cable? I've found some on ebay but they are different. The notch part seems different. Can you point me in the right direction? I'm working on a project for my setup. Thanks.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I have not made these ever since Jebao came out with their Apex to Jebao module. I just couldn't beat the pricing by enough to make assembling these worth it for me. Back then I bought the 3 pin connector off Aliexpress. The notch looked different in them as well. There are several DIY'S on this project out there, some have links to the parts I used. But the last time i bought parts was about a year ago.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

S

sirhc13

I have not made these ever since Jebao came out with their Apex to Jebao module. I just couldn't beat the pricing by enough to make assembling these worth it for me. Back then I bought the 3 pin connector off Aliexpress. The notch looked different in them as well. There are several DIY'S on this project out there, some have links to the parts I used. But the last time i bought parts was about a year ago.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
How much did you sell these for TORX?
Do you still have any to sell?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
How much did you sell these for TORX?
Do you still have any to sell?
I stopped making them when Jebao came out with their module. I could only stay competitive to the market if people bought in bulk. Canada shipping is crazy. IIRC, I was selling them for $30 shipped and $15 more for each cable over that. I might have some parts left, I will have to check my attic

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk