Aqua Iluminatin Hydras

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
I decided to upgrade my current lights to the Aqua Illumination Hydras
i hope to have these up and running by Xmas,only needing a rack mount or something to get things started.Will post how easy these are supposed to be to operate as well as remotely via app on my cell.Just my luck they have released a new version the Hydra 52 but i will stick with these as I'm sure they will be more than adequate
http://www.aquaillumination.com/lighting/hydra/

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Did you get a controller or just using phone?

Edit: pic loaded :) looks good

DerekL

Definately let us know how you like them and there controllability. I was thinking about the hydra 52's for my frag tank when I set it up.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
well i did get 2 units setup tonight,i have the director as the controller,its early as to what is the best setting.I'm still up in the airhere are a few shouts just messing around,as you can see after the shots
i also too a pic of the corresponding setting percentages

too tired after the xmas wrapping and putting out under the tree,will do more over the holidays as well as a video

also this is only a pic with my cell,it dont do any justice

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
only just set up last night and pics were only a couple of different views of the settings.might grab a standard control as im not really in need of this director.i prefer simple and really have little use for the mobile function

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk HD

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
pulpfiction1 link said:
only just set up last night and pics were only a couple of different views of the settings.might grab a standard control as im not really in need of this director.i prefer simple and really have little use for the mobile function

If you are interested, I may be able to facilitate a trade for a normal controller for your director.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
unibob link said:
[quote author=pulpfiction1 link=topic=7210.msg74583#msg74583 date=1387998031]

If you are interested, I may be able to facilitate a trade for a normal controller for your director.
[/quote]that would be the hand held remote?

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
well i sat down this morning to mess around with the Director,been a real PITA last couple of days but today i used firefox and things work smooth now.a short video of just the actual lights and individual colours,i will post a more permanent ramp of the lights after i have experimented some

http://youtu.be/C1yjgBiq2iw

nexusnight

Have to say these are great lights!! once u get em dialed in right they look great and grow coral great. I think i finally have mine dialed in now but they are way lower in intensity than i thought i would ever run them at. Still having bleaching problems with one scoly that started to go when they were set to run hotter. I have a piece of yellow efflo that was brown as s**t and last night i noticed the whole top side is starting to nicely colour up again. Some sps sill brown but time will colour them up.

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
im sure you seen the intensity of my chinese LED and these seem so much dimmer,maybe ill get used to it.my other lights grew everything i put in with no issues,i do like thie lightning effect on these and the moonlight is also a nice feature

DerekL

When I introduce new coral I put it on sandbed. If it's Lps or softies I put them off to the side so that they are not directly under the pendant. I have a small staghorn colony that has been on my sandbed for 2 1/2 weeks in that time it was really started to colour up nicely and is displaying excellent polyp extention