AquaC Remora reviews anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jones02

I have 2 29g tanks and stand layinng around I'm thinking on making a pony tank. Are these skimmers any good?

xxmurrxx

I use to have the nano version worked great.

Switched over to the tunze 9002 and it seems to work better than the remora nano but it still worked good for me.

jroovers

Super Active Member
They aren't bad for a hang on back skimmer, I found mine a bit on the noisy side compared to a skimmer under the stand in a sump... but that is par for the course with that arrangement.

I have a lightly used one from my 55 gallon tank - if you're interested, I'd sell it to you at a good price, I have the overflow box too and never used it.  You'd just need to get a powerhead for it.

msteane

I used one of these hanging off my sump for my previous tank (46 gallons).  I was keeping LPS and soft corals and the tank was full of fish.  It did the job and pulled out a good amount of gunk.  I did not find noise to be an issue, but I also had a cabinet muffling sound.  There are better HOB skimmers out there but I would say this is a very good mid-range one that is good value for your money.

gobyguy

what are the better ones Michelle?  I am looking at the Remora Pro and Reef Octopus BH-1000 and CPR Bak-Pak Dual.  It's for a 90 gallon no sump and limited space between tank and wall.

msteane

Ah, I did realize you were looking at the pro version.  I used the standard remora (about $100 cheaper).  I've heard good things about the reef octopus skimmers though some people seem to have issues with it producing micro bubbles and apparently the instructions that come with it are terrible.  I have not used one myself so can't comment personally to that aspect.  Reviews for the aqua c remora pro don't indicate these problem, but a good chunk of them recommend upgrading to a larger pump than the one that comes with it for best results.  The aqua pro is a bit pricier than the octopus, but if I were shopping for an HOB the discrete design and easy adjustments/maintenance of the remora would be worth the extra money to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.