Aquastyle Online LED build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
It is possible yes, however I think I'm goin to try placing a fan at one end of the fixture and seeing how much it cools it down. Going to take temp readings 30 mins running without and then 30 mins with. If not much change I will remove the drivers. If a great reduction I'm lucky lol

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
LEDs hit 115 deg F after 30 mins of operation no fan. Tomorrow I wire a fan up see what happens

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
ok so i installed two 5 inch fans into my canopy today....wired em up and let em rip... waited 10 mins and took temp of the metal at the ends closest to the fans and the furthest from the fans....

closest the the fans the temp hit 74 deg F....furthest from the fans (6 feet away) 88 degrees....id say a HUGEEEEEE improvement. i no longer fear running the leds lol...fan def helped

S

shayneh

A good source for cheap heatsinks is your local car stereo shop. Just ask for the heatsink from a blown amplifier. Nice part is some of them come anodized and the cooling fins on the back are nice and large..... I have one in my garage if anyone wants it.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Petercar link said:
There's no way LEDS do run hotter then  other lights

They run the same.....as in a watt is a watt is a watt in terms of heat.  The difference being that you use less wattage with LED and the heatsink allows for heat to radiate up instead of down.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Strap and wire some a processor cooler on em. I have a few things to try when mine come in

index.php

Status
Not open for further replies.