Aquastyle online

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Has anybody ordered from Aquastyle online, was there any surprises with the shipping or products, I`m looking at ordering some optics.
Thanks in advance.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Torx link said:
Actually, most of the first LED builds on this site were through these guys

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

im still running them. ;-)

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
Ordered from them not too long ago. Needed fans and power supplies for a custom set of t5 end brackets (next time you go to big shows, take a look!). Easy to talk with. They ordered in the size I needed, that wasn't on their site, and had it to me in good time using fed ex. I actually had it before I got the email with the tracking number :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
It just doesn't make sense that they can ship halfway around the world faster and cheaper than we can ship halfway across canada, I guess that's why i was skeptical.

MrHermit85

I got my LEDs from them too. Still running perfectly without a hitch. Controller works great too!!! Order took under two weeks and it was super cheap. I only run 55 on my 75 and everything grows great!

Boga

Don't know if it is because of Aquastyle or FedEx.

I did order LED's and product came fast and in good condition. Only one issue: I have to pay some fees after the fact. I picked up the product from FedEx on March 3rd and I got an invoice yesterday from them saying that I have to pay $13.47 (Canada HST+Advancement fee+HST on ADV/Ancillary Service Fees). Did anyone have something similar?

I am OK to pay duty fees, but honestly, I want to know upfront when I pick the package ... not after 3 weeks.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Boga link said:
Don't know if it is because of Aquastyle or FedEx.

I did order LED's and product came fast and in good condition. Only one issue: I have to pay some fees after the fact. I picked up the product from FedEx on March 3rd and I got an invoice yesterday from them saying that I have to pay $13.47 (Canada HST+Advancement fee+HST on ADV/Ancillary Service Fees). Did anyone have something similar?

I am OK to pay duty fees, but honestly, I want to know upfront when I pick the package ... not after 3 weeks.

I have ordered 3 times from them I think. Never got hit with duty. Just depends on what Fedex decides I guess. Mind you I just got an order from Aliexpress via Fedex and the same thing, a few weeks later I have a bill in the mail.

MrHermit85

I didn't have a problem with fees at all and my order was a few hundred. I think it depends whether they send it via HK post or Fedex. Mine came via HK post and there were no fees at all. I still remember the guy saying that he will send it that way as there won't be any fees. Not sure why they are using fedex now. Maybe ask before ordering?

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
MrHermit85 link said:
[quote author=J_T link=topic=8233.msg87342#msg87342 date=1395844065]
FedEx is for expedited shipping. Sometimes you just can't wait the weeks it can take :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I would rather wait and use the savings on frags :)
[/quote]

A lot of times, it is a nominal up charge. For less than $10 up charge, I don't wait :)

If it's in the province, mail all the way. I get it 2 days at max (ship it to a commercial building)

MrHermit85

J_T link said:
[quote author=MrHermit85 link=topic=8233.msg87350#msg87350 date=1395849106]
[quote author=J_T link=topic=8233.msg87342#msg87342 date=1395844065]
FedEx is for expedited shipping. Sometimes you just can't wait the weeks it can take :)

Lol, I would rather wait and use the savings on frags :)
[/quote]

A lot of times, it is a nominal up charge. For less than $10 up charge, I don't wait :)

If it's in the province, mail all the way. I get it 2 days at max (ship it to a commercial building)

[/quote]

Well that's not a lot at all then