ATO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
What do you guys use for your auto top off bucket? My last tank I used a float and a gravity feed from a 5g bucket. Worked just fine but took up lots of space and didn't hold a whole lot of water. I was thinking maybe this time use something like a 10 g tank, but was wondering if it would be hard to drill a small hole in it.
Any opinions or alternatives would be awesome

xxmurrxx

Right now I just use a small tank I had laying around, 5gal with the jbj ato
Will probably be getting a brute can or something like that to store ato water behind a wall with my new setup.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
gravity fed like you with a 2.5 gallon container abotu each container for each tank.  Float valve in both containers , float valve on both tanks.  Every day the RODI turns on with a solenoid for 45 min ish.  Fills every top off tank then turns off.  the one container will fill first then the float will close and the water will then flow to the next container until it is full.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
I use a 30g Vat with a Tunze ro-di controller. for the ato portion I use a JBJ ato.

Im selling all this as well, forgot to mention it on my selling thread :)

Noodle

I use an 18 Gallon Aquarium filled with RO water, The Tunze auto top off calls for water when my internal sump goes low, the fresh water gets sent through a Kalkwasser reactor before being deposited into the tank. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Blob-79 link said:
I use a 30g Vat with a Tunze ro-di controller. for the ato portion I use a JBJ ato.

Im selling all this as well, forgot to mention it on my selling thread :)

Pm me a price too :p

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Petercar link said:
Im looking to get one to. Fron when we go away and no ones home for 2 days ..so best ato?

i used a 5 gallon pail, on milk crates, drilled with a little metal bulkhead which ran 1/4" tubing into a float attached to an old 10g filter frame, and it worked fine. I might be doing the same thing this time around as well.

spyd

Super Active Member
I have a Reef Fanatic ATO unit available. I paid over $110 new for the unit and only used it for 1 week while I was on holidays.  I was running 2 systems at the time. $70 and it's yours, or for $90, I will include a MJ1200 pump with it that is in mint condition.  Tubing and all. But wait, there's more!! Order now and I will throw in a 10g tank that was never used!!  ;)

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
spyd link said:
I have a Reef Fanatic ATO unit available. I paid over $110 new for the unit and only used it for 1 week while I was on holidays.  I was running 2 systems at the time. $70 and it's yours, or for $90, I will include a MJ1200 pump with it that is in mint condition.  Tubing and all. But wait, there's more!! Order now and I will throw in a 10g tank that was never used!!  ;)
why you selling it?

spyd

Super Active Member
I run an Elos Osmocontroller on my new tank. We went on holidays while i was in the middle of the transition period between my 2 tanks. So I bought the Reef Fanatic ATO for the old tank as I was doing it manually while I was switching everything over. After vacation I finished moving everything over and took my old system offline. So, it has been sitting in the box ever since. I was keeping it as a back-up but I really don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.