Auto top off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner

Inactive Since Crash
My problem. The Ro is installed in the basement, about 1 ft below floor this is the only place as the rest of basement is a damp dirty crawl space. The show tank is on main floor,above crawl space some 40 ft from Ro system. The sump is in stand below the show, top of show is about six feet higher than Ro system.My question is what do l need and how do l install a top off to this. I lose about 5 gallons over 7days. The show is 150 gallon with a 40 gal sump.         

Anyone have any suggestions on how to rig something up. Thanks.                                                                                                                       

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
not sure if I understand your setup, but this is what I am using and it works like a champ

disiplay tank/sump ------------------about 30 ft-----------------------------------25 gallon ro/di reservoir

ATO in sump connected to BRS 50ml/min doser--1/4 inch tubing to reservoir

ATO from autotopoff.com

as long as your reservoir and DT are at the same level, this application or variation of it should work for your 40ft run...

Blob-79

Super Active Member
it may be a long run, but really its only a few feet vertical to the sump. You can probally put the Ro resevoir wherever you want. if you can get it under your tank, really all you need is a aqua lifter pump. If your resevoir is by your RO system, I figure most mag pumps will manage it.

I use the ato made by jl aquatics, i would definitly buy it again

Schooner

Inactive Since Crash
OK thanks, the  reservoir is 25 gal, located directly under the RO, space is problem if i were to put reservoir in the crawl space. Max lift to sump is about 3'. I have thought about adding a 10 gal reservoir directly above the sump. Do you think the Ro would push the water some 40' in a 1/4 line than up to a reserve tank.

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Many ways to skin this cat.

Yes the output of your RO will push the water anywhere you want it too....problem might be how to get it to shut off and on to fill the reservoir.  You can use a float valve and a ASOV (autoshutoffvalve) on the RO/DI but these alone can be problematic due to mechanical failure.  For safety you could also employ a solenoid on the end with float valves.  It would also invoke the ASOV on the RO/DI. 

Blob-79

Super Active Member
Darryl_V link said:
Yes the output of your RO will push the water anywhere you want it too....problem might be how to get it to shut off and on to fill the reservoir.  You can use a float valve and a ASOV (autoshutoffvalve) on the RO/DI but these alone can be problematic due to mechanical failure.  For safety you could also employ a solenoid on the end with float valves.  It would also invoke the ASOV on the RO/DI.

8)

Schooner

Inactive Since Crash
Ok this makes sense and I'll give it a shot.

Thank you for everyones advice and first hand knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.