bare bottom tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vander45

i have been thinking of getting rid of my sand bottom and either going with a crushed ruble bottom or a bare bottom tank. does anyone have either of these or have any suggestions or input? thanks

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Had crushed coral/rubble on my first tank. Hated it. No real issues, just did not like the look. I went to sand in my nano and love it.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Torx link said:
Had crushed coral/rubble on my first tank. Hated it. No real issues, just did not like the look. I went to sand in my nano and love it.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

+1

I strongly disliked the look of crushed coral .... I switched to sand for my current tank and love the look, as long as you parameters are In check n nothing grows on it ;)

sunnykita

Super Active Member
I have crushed in the 65 gallon, the new135 will be sand bed. The crushed does stick to the bottom or foot of anenomes and possibly injure them. I didn't know any different when I started my first tank and the crushed was recommended. My engineer gobies and greenbird wrasses do a good job of keeping the crushed bed clean by redecorating on a daily basis LOL, hope they'll do the same with the sand bed.
I think it's a personal preference.
sunnykita

Status
Not open for further replies.