Berghia Nudis Bulk Order - You know you have Aptasia !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayes

I am placing an order for Berghia's

If anyone wants to go in with me please send me a PM. You will need to PayPal or EMT me immediately so please do not waste my time, I dont have any to waste.

Here is the pricing, we can split the shipping costs to save everyone some money

These are for Medium Berghia that should be able to lay eggs in a few weeks

1-5        13.59
6-14      13.19
15-22    12.79
23-29    12.39
30-59    11.99
60-100  11.59

Let me know if anyone is interested

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Berghia Nudis Bulk Order - You know you have Aptasia !

Darryl V set everyone to reality about them. Lol

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Yes, a group buy on these was attempted back the end of March which is located in the Group Ordering section. Once the reality of this creatures kicked in, I think the idea died off and not too many, if any wanted them. You need several in your tank and once your aptasia is gone, then they die off. Myself, I would need 10 in my tank and at the cheapest ($11.59/ea) it is not worth getting something that is 100% going to die and potentially crash my tank unless I continue to feed them or manage to fish them out before the growing population dies suddenly sending parameters through the roof. I will stick with the vinigar method, kalk paste, or blow torch method.

OR....

I think I may just save up and get a laser. Pew Pew

50184-pandawhale-aint-nobody-kr0R.gif

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
When i had aiptasia, i got a couple needle syringes from the pharmacy and used lemon juice in them to inject directly into the mouth of the beast when they were fully open. I did this about 4 years ago when i was still learning how to keep corals (still am,but actually am doing it now) so not sure how good it is for your tank......i think i read it on RC.....anyone else try this? Seen a lot of ppl say to buy a CBB too...

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Torx link said:
Yes, a group buy on these was attempted back the end of March which is located in the Group Ordering section. Once the reality of this creatures kicked in, I think the idea died off and not too many, if any wanted them. You need several in your tank and once your aptasia is gone, then they die off. Myself, I would need 10 in my tank and at the cheapest ($11.59/ea) it is not worth getting something that is 100% going to die and potentially crash my tank unless I continue to feed them or manage to fish them out before the growing population dies suddenly sending parameters through the roof. I will stick with the vinigar method, kalk paste, or blow torch method.

OR....

I think I may just save up and get a laser. Pew Pew

What??  Why are you assuming that them dieing will crash your tank?  It doesn't.

Lets get it straight.  They work awesome and when implemented right they will work.  Unlike pepermints and copperbands which are hit or miss (especially on large aiptasia) and file fish who may eat your polyps and LPS (just talked to someone last week that had a file fish eat a few heads of aussie gold torch).

The only things to consider is that you should have enough aiptasia for the berghia populations to flurish.  If you only have a few....well thats not enough and you can try some kalk paste or lemon juice (neither worked for me in the past though).    Also you need to buy enough so that they can reproduce.  Its not scary, tank crashing or complicated.  And although yes it may not be cheap they work good and like I mentioned I have gotten them from this guy http://www.newlifeaquatics.com/berghia.html for 7.50 ea shipped.  So $45 all in gets you 6 and that could do a 75-120g tank depending how patient you are.  And when you have a crap load in your tank you can most likely trap some and sell them off if you have the time.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
From what I have heard, it is possible to start with one pair of Berghia and have a couple hundred individuals in just a month or two if feed properly. I know that people worry about anything dying in their tank, I can only assume that any number of these, that are known to grow around 1", if they die off, it could cause a spike somewhere in your tank.

Great reviews on eliminating aptasia, amazing reviews I should say. Even kind of cool looking...Just not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.