Best glue for LED optics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Anyone know what is the best glue is for adhering optics to LEDs?

I know the optics are suppose to attach to the LEDs with a simple 1/8 turn twist, but is't not working over here..  :?

Thanks!

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
a drop of thermal adhesive.  What bulbs have optics that screw on?  That's one of my major dislikes of the crees....gluing the damn optics on (and the fact that the 'stars' aren't colour coded!).

AdamS

I just about put mine on with a hammer last night. What a pain in the f---in ass.

I was going to use super glue until i read that it will haze your leds and lenses so dont use it. Used thermal adhesive. Mix up about half the size of the end of a q tip. Put it on about 5-7 optics and at that point it should be real gummy, i found it held best that way. But dont try and do too many at once or it will dry or you have to drop F bombs and pick it off and start over.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
phi delt reefer link said:
semen
/end thread

yuck!

Salty Cracker link said:
a drop of thermal adhesive.  What bulbs have optics that screw on?  That's one of my major dislikes of the crees....gluing the damn optics on (and the fact that the 'stars' aren't colour coded!).

bridelux, the optics will twist on the led

AdamS link said:
I just about put mine on with a hammer last night. What a pain in the f---in ass.

I was going to use super glue until i read that it will haze your leds and lenses so dont use it. Used thermal adhesive. Mix up about half the size of the end of a q tip. Put it on about 5-7 optics and at that point it should be real gummy, i found it held best that way. But dont try and do too many at once or it will dry or you have to drop F bombs and pick it off and start over.

where can you buy thermal adhesive,...princess auto?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Neopimp link said:
I actually used a small dab of clear silicone to stick them on

a hot glue gun works well too.. and they are removable if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.