Biggest Submersible Pump

Sewerat

Super Active Member
Ok I'm looking for a large submersible pump. I was talking with tony this week and got me wondering what is the biggest one out there? I need bigger flow then my mag 18 is giving me. Is a mag 24 or one of those jebao 12000 better? Which one flows more? I am looking at approx 12-13' of head thru about 30' of pipe and about 13-15 elbows. It is not an option to repipe the system with flexible pipe. But need more flow. I do have 2 mag 18s but I don't think combining them into one will do any good? I do not want to drill the sump to run an external at this time so that option is not there either. What do any of you suggest?

pulpfiction1

Reef Scavenger
this is how i ran an external pump for years,pardon the crude paint image,this will always start
after a power outage,ball valves can be installed to close the system if service is needed and to control
the flow for the return line,you manually fill the prime the seal it

external pump.png

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
I think you would need a pressure rated pump for that head like a Reeflo hammerhead.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
You can run two pumps in series to boost your max head height but that will only increase your flow by half of whatever your flow loss due to head is.

Can put two pumps in parallel to increase flow as well, as long as the output piping is large enough, this will not increase your max head height though.

In theory anyways, within a perfect world. System resistance alters things a bit. :)

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/pumps-parallel-serial-d_636.html

hark

I'd you end up with a waveline do pump make sure you get one that has the new controller. I had a whining fan that Daniel at aquatic kingdom replaced....its a whole new unit now. Much bigger, no more fans just large heat sync