Bigshow Frags - Dropoff Tank Build :)

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
No. It would not have the same effect.
Curious, how is the effect different? would there be any current change with due to the drop off ? I guess im having a hard time visualizing how it would not create dead spots or current issues

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Curious, how is the effect different? would there be any current change with due to the drop off ? I guess im having a hard time visualizing how it would not create dead spots or current issues

Building a wall of rocks and having a tank that actually has a built in dropoff will and does look completely different. Dead spots and current issues are solved with the right equipment and proper placement of the appropriate equipment.

Maybe hard for you to picture, once I get photos you will see what I am talking about.
Not saying you cant create a drop off reef with a tank that was 40x24x40 the entire length, but to get a true drop off you would have to block off the corner otherwise its just a big tall tank with a bunch of rock on one side.

Last edited:

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
He's never home. I heard he works in a mine up north
I'm home for half a mo th but so busy with tank stuff it's just about impossible to find time. Always something tank related with the business that takes away my time.

I am sorry guys, I was hoping to do it yesterday but spent the entire day cleaning tanks again