Bio pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
This will be a thing for ppl starting bio pellets..question is what do we do and need...like we got the reactor and pellets..so how do we go at it?...how much pellets amd do we soak them ?...b4 adding into the reactor ?.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Re: Question of the day

Soak what you're going to use overnight in saltwater, then add to the reactor.  Not too much for the first week, just observe and go from there.

R

reeffreak

Question of the day

I don't think it matters if they soak in saltwater or just plain rodi water. If the container they come in says to use 100 ml for the size tank you have start out with a quarter of what they suggest to use then over the next few weeks like salty mentioned just keep an eye on things and ad more as you go .

Thmh

Website Affiliate
you can soak it in either water, the soaking is more of an insurance for the biopellet to sick and tumble well. also you should add the biopellets slowly until you hit your sweet spot.

J

jones02

What's the best pellets to use in a already established tank?

R

reeffreak

Ecobak pellets are the kind I used jones, some store on here hooked them up to his frag system and had no negative effects hookin up 500ml all together on one shot. I think mostly everyone uses the brs pellets

J

jones02

Ya I was going to order some other stuff from brs so I wasn't sure if there good or if I should go with somethin else.

R

reeffreak

From my understanding the ecobak pellets are a little different then the brs ones. They are my porous and there a bit bigger then the brs pellets. Imbot really sure how much of a difference that makes or if it does at all.

Thmh

Website Affiliate
i use the vertex biopellet! fun fact i always soak my biopellets but just recently i gave some of my biopellet to a friend and he said it sink right without being presoak :O

p.s peter can you move to toronto, it seems like you always have something someone needs laying around !:D

J

jones02

U guys running pellets add new live bactiria to. ur tanks every so often? I been reading lots of ppl do that?

C

copperkills

I'm going to be run Ecobak....from what I have read they do not release bacteria into the WC which is why they do not need to tumble vigorously like other np pellets....Warner Marine claims that system crashes will not occur with the Ecobak product.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
copperkills link said:
I'm going to be run Ecobak....from what I have read they do not release bacteria into the WC which is why they do not need to tumble vigorously like other np pellets....Warner Marine claims that system crashes will not occur with the Ecobak product.

They should put that in all their advertising... "system crashes will not occur with our product".  If you get a system crash, do they warranty against your losses?

J

jones02

i just added another 1/4 dose of pellets today and i have 2 clumps of about 5-8 pellets stuck together, should i open up the reactor and break them up or will they come apart on there own or just make a big problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.