Bizzle's led build all done....

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crazybizzle

got krazykarl building my 72  rb led kit right now to go in conjunction with my halides while drinking his beer and watching football ..life is good heres a pic more to come each hour as its complted

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Re: Bizzle's led build. in real time

sweet, what length are those strips?

C

crazybizzle

62 inches each one.dimmers are going yo be on the ends drivers mounted up top inside channel

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

what metal halides are you running and what color temp?

Darryl_V

Super Active Member

thats what I was thinking...it will definitely add heat and there isnt much advantage to doing it like this IMO.  That is a big U channel so maybe it will be ok..

C

crazybizzle

my channel is aluminum.. he fd up and has galvanized steel nothing a fan cant fix thou

Krazykarl

Super Active Member

We went with 2.5" x 1" u channel for this build at 1/8" thick. Hoping it will help with the heat issues I had as I went with galvanized steel and it's very thin. I also increased the spacing on the LEDs and the length of the u channel in hopes to provide more surface area for heat to dissipate. If not, nothing a small dc fan won't fix.  We finished one strip tonight. I like taking my time and making sure everything is neat as possible. Tomorrow the other strip will be done and on to mounting over the tank

Krazykarl

Super Active Member

The last picture he posted just for reference is dimmed down to the lowest voltage. His seem a lot brighter than mine but perhaps I'm drunk lol Jk

C

crazybizzle

sorry bout sideways pics for some reason my phone keeps posting it that way. tmw should be all done and mounted on tank....kk sick build  more pics to come tmw

C

crazybizzle

heres some new pics all done now these pics are with halides on hard as hell to get a accurate pic...ill post more when halides go off and just the leds are on.hopefully once agsin my phone disnt turn pics sideways if they do ill re load thru my computer...enjoy

C

crazybizzle

Darryl_V link said:
nice build.

what kind of MH reflectors are those.  They look like industrial lights?

lol no darryl its my aquaticlife g12 unit 3- 150 hid mh......

Status
Not open for further replies.