Boga's Reef Controller

Chrismayu

Website
reefsense.com
Just was reading your updates, very interesting!

I did the same thing to my reef tank and currently send data to my website ( read only). 

www.reefsense.com

if you would like, I can setup you up with an account and you can seen your data there also.

Also if you need some code snippets for sending data - PM me.

I am currently in the process of changing over to the new Arduino Intel Galileo controller.

Same goes above for anyone else on the forums :)

Boga

Chrismayu link said:
Just was reading your updates, very interesting!

I did the same thing to my reef tank and currently send data to my website ( read only). 

www.reefsense.com

if you would like, I can setup you up with an account and you can seen your data there also.

Also if you need some code snippets for sending data - PM me.

I am currently in the process of changing over to the new Arduino Intel Galileo controller.

Same goes above for anyone else on the forums :)

Thank you Chris. I am little bit far from that point. I will certainly evaluate your kind offer. My thinking was to have the web page on SD card (local network) and have a port forwarded to "outside". And BTW, your site looks great. Are you able to implement some charts, graphs, trends, etc? Does it cover the email notifications?

Chrismayu

Website
reefsense.com
Yeah I am wanting to add some graphs soon-  paying programming jobs are keeping me from updating my own site ;)  I sent the data to the site via a POST request.  When I change to the Galileo I am going to have the data stored first locally( SD card) , then send a POST request to update the site.  I do have code ready for the email notifications but I haven't uploaded it to the site.  I like it how I can check on my tank at work or on my phone.

I like the idea you have of having the site available locally.  I used to use a section of code called "Ring the Red Phone"  to send TXT to my phone - worked well.       

Also if this is okay - I would love to see your code of what you have happening so far! 

Boga

I don't know how to do graphs in a web page, so maybe you can show me the path. Also I don't know about POST request. For texting, have you used a GSM shield? Or just Internet? Very interested.

I attached my code in clear. I deleted the IP and MAC address. The code is written to my level of understanding, so please don't judge me too much :D. I am not a programmer, so I am little bit shaking now :). There are many check points in the code. And in many menus, only one or two options are working. I hope you will be able to read it through.

Chrismayu

Website
reefsense.com
No Judging here :) - I am self taught with LOTS still to learn.  I love the work you have on the menu's!!  Very Impressive!

I have the Ethernet card and use a service for texting. A POST request is just sending a string of data such as  {"m_t":"78.8"} in the JSON format and the website grabs it and puts it in to a database which it then display. From there you can pull the data and make graphs, sent emails etc.  I also have the website setup to received this data in the format of a email - but arduino ( mega etc) can't send encrypted emails... 

Any time you want to chat more about graphs online or the site - let me know.  I have attached my code - very messy!! I still have tons left over from when I had a 1 LCD screens hooked up. When I setup the Galileo I will clean up the mess  ;)

Boga

Chrismayu link said:
No Judging here :) - I am self taught with LOTS still to learn.  I love the work you have on the menu's!!  Very Impressive!

I have the Ethernet card and use a service for texting. A POST request is just sending a string of data such as  {\"m_t\":\"78.8\"} in the JSON format and the website grabs it and puts it in to a database which it then display. From there you can pull the data and make graphs, sent emails etc.  I also have the website setup to received this data in the format of a email - but arduino ( mega etc) can't send encrypted emails... 

Any time you want to chat more about graphs online or the site - let me know.  I have attached my code - very messy!! I still have tons left over from when I had a 1 LCD screens hooked up. When I setup the Galileo I will clean up the mess  ;)
Thank you very much. I am probably at 10% of the work :) I am sure that I will learn a lot from your code, and with your permission I hope that I can use some portions of it. Do you have a thread for your build? It would be interesting.