Boxing Day Sales! Where Are They And Whats The Strategy?

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Boxing Day sales! Where are they and whats the strategy?

I'm pretty outgoing in small public groups and on the internet. But I really hate crowds and people.

I dread the thought of going to a store around this time of year. Everyone is pushy and in a rush and on average very inconsiderate (even more so than usual)

Where are the deals at? and whats on your wish list?

I have been spending my money pretty fast since getting this tank and relatively new job(8 months). I am looking for a particular heater and a nano power head, some mangroves, tonga branch rock and might even spring for a nano skimmer. You buy one thing like a tiny rimless cube and it will end up costing me $1000 :(

I keep telling myself to wait till after Christmas to get the deals......

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
You're saying $1000 is cheap right? I have a 20 gallon and I spent that much easy.

I picked up a pail of Reef Crystals last year didn't get a saltwater tank til February. I just did my weekly 5 gallons. I should have enough for left to get me into the new year :)

I picked up a pail from ABD around Black Friday so I'm not sure I'll need more.

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Canada corals had great deals including salt last year...it was actually a good day to do the GTA tour and max out the limits on all the door crashers and pick up some nice stuff as well...

Too bad I won't be in the market for livestock until around London FragFest.....

Pipes

Is salt only available in 5 gal buckets? What about larger quantities? Surely there are larger buckets or boxes.... We're not talking forklift specials here.
P.S. If anyone has extra buckets, I always need new ones, especially square ones for catching water and carrying tools.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Is salt only available in 5 gal buckets? What about larger quantities? Surely there are larger buckets or boxes.... We're not talking forklift specials here.
P.S. If anyone has extra buckets, I always need new ones, especially square ones for catching water and carrying tools.
Slat was like $35 a pail. Limit of 4 per customer, but I will just bring one of my kids. After all, they could use a few buckets too ;).

I have a dozen or so empty IO pails piling up.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Quartapound

I buy the IO in boxes when I can. 4 bags per box. Each bag makes 50 gallons.
I take awhile to get through salt so I always buy the boxes with 4x50g bags. Keeps the moisture from being sucked out of the air and turning your bucket into a giant clump. Probably less important with big tanks because you guys go through the stuff so quickly!

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Here is what I'm looking for:

6 mangroves prefer leaves on em
1 Cobalt Neo-Therm Heater 75W
10 lbs of Tonga branch coral

I have other stuff i'm thinking about, but if anyone has ideas about places to go to get this stuff on sale for boxing day. One stop shopping would be ideal

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
d67b90a7e21037165f93dddc723f6150.jpg

349d830a4310625ad9e9a9d9cd4d48ed.jpg

da2d56c7234372dadc33f8cf66ab687a.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Wow! I don't think anyone else will be able to compete with these deals.

I hear Mississauga location has clams on sale like $60 each

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Lol I think they just change the date on the flyers... Looks oddly familiar to previous yrs

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

The one that I posted was parts that I cut out of the middle stuff and posted here. I got it from their Facebook page where I specifically requested this years Boxing Day flyer. Need to get up bright and early, it is at least an hours drive to London for me and I do not want to miss out that deal. Previous years, if you called, you could order salt for a later date pick up with a credit card and still get this pricing if you could not make it that day. I do not have a credit card though.