Breadmaker

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I've noticed more than a few mentions of food on here, so figured this would be a reasonable place to ask! Been spending a fortune on bread lately (cuts into my fish fund!), so thinking a bread maker might be a good idea. I know absolutely nothing about them. Can someone recommend a reasonably priced, reliable machine?

heath

Distinguished Member
I have had and used in the past... I believe that mine was a Regal, cost was pretty close to $100.00.... if you like fresh bread they are great but, I found that the bread went stale pretty quick... I don't like stale bread... it takes about 3 to 4 hrs to make a loaf...and the loaves are really small, if you are using a lot of bread you will probly have to make a loaf every day or 2nd day...

heath

Distinguished Member
I only buy bread when its on sale for 2 bucks a loaf and its usually either Villago or the other one that is close..di ???... giant tiger usually has it on sale and throw it in the freezer...

Nick James

I only buy bread when its on sale for 2 bucks a loaf and its usually either Villago or the other one that is close..di ???... giant tiger usually has it on sale and throw it in the freezer...

This was my mothers technique as well.. Bread, buns of all kind..

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
If your worried about what your spending on bread it would be cheaper to buy on sale and freeze... making your own won't be cheaper.... maybe healthier but not cheaper. The bread makers will definitely be more cost out of your fish budget

Pipes

We have a bread maker. I love fresh bread, even though I'm not suppose to eat it. It will go stale faster as there is less preservatives in it. The best thing about making your own, is that you get to control what is in your bread. Most units have a recipe book in the box. Oh, get one with a timer, that way it will start automatically, and will be done when you get home. They don't do a very good job of gluetin free bread, but that never tastes good anyway. As far as price goes, you get what you pay for. Shop around and check out the different brands, and look for reviews on line too.