Bta Anemone First Or Clown Fish First

Canadianeh

These are my must haves live stock list in addition to whatever else down the road, but ideally I want to acquire these first. Tank is IM Fusion 40.

1. BTA Anemone
  2. Clown fish
  3. Purple firefish
  4. Sexy Shrimp
  5. CUC
In which order I should buy them first and put them in the tank and the time frame between each other?

I am thinking CUC, Sexy shrimps, Purple Firefish, BTA Anemone, and then Clown Fish?

Luke.

Distinguished Member
It dosent matter , but depending how old your system is (if it's say 2-3 months) I would wait for the anemone . They can be sensitive .

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
The sea Nems are very sensitive. .. you should be waiting a year before you put one in your tank.... anything earlier then that your tank is adjusting .... and not fair to the Nem.

Canadianeh

Ok. I can wait for 6 months if it is necessary. In this case, can I get clownfish first, ot should I get a BTA first then clownfish?

Dingets

Most LPS will be okay to add to your tank as long as you have done what is necessary to keep your system stabilized, ie auto top off and a method to maintain ca/alk/mag. Stabilization is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadianeh

Most LPS will be okay to add to your tank as long as you have done what is necessary to keep your system stabilized, ie auto top off and a method to maintain ca/alk/mag. Stabilization is the key.

Can you share what is your method to maintain ca/all/mag?

Dingets

LPS will not have a significant impact on your levels however will deplete them over time. Like Little Reef Keeper said, do regular water changes and you have to buy test kits to monitor your levels. If water changes aren't enough then you'll have to consider a dosing system like 2-part or kalkwasser.