Bta help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
So I recently acquired a rbta and a flame tip from chuck. Very healthy specimens. However, after inteoducimg them to the tank they obviously began their search for a happy home. A week later, tey are way under a rock away from all light. My flame tip is turned inside out and small. The rbta is large still and tips are bubbled. Should I be concerned? Pull em out maybe? I don't wanna lose em. I'm running my kessils at 50% white 75% blue. All other corals including my clam at my sand bed are doing good. What do I do?

msteane

My yellow and green bubble tip also turns inside out from time to time with its tentacles completely deflated.  Looks like it's on the verge of death and then goes right back to normal.  Not sure why it does it, but it doesn't seem to harm it.  Also, I've notice my bubble tips tend to like shadier spots where they can reach out to the light rather than being in bright spots.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Krazykarl link said:
I've offered bloodworms. An I feed cycolepeze once a week to the whole tank.

By the sounds of what it is doing it sounds like a typical anemone, I remember when I got my first one I thought I killed it multiple times by the way it looked and it always came back. When feeding you anemone, try feeding a hunk of shrimp or something. If they are going to be fed they need to eat something they will get something from and not just waste energy. I wouldn't be afraid of the nem in the shade as they do move, if he/she doesn't like it in the shade it will move :)

Status
Not open for further replies.