Calling All Contractors

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
I'll probably get myself in trouble one day... but we have one particular roofer in sarnia that's taking people's money and not doing the job. So I tell all my customers at the store when they are looking for roofers to stay away from this guy. Being in this industry and seeing these guys rip people off gets under my skin

heath

Distinguished Member
no offence taken on your comments.. its sad when you think that you have covered all the bases and she is not blaming him, just wants a solution.. the company has a face book page and I am going to post about customer service...
I helped a friend a few years ago build a deck ( 2 females) and holy crap looks a lot better than the picture. it was a floating deck ( to avoid permits) and its still going strong...

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
No slander when its fact. You should 9ut him 100%. Let him sue you. Empty threat and typical scare tactic. I loathe these slime balls.
Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Nah, I agreed to take the post down, and I'm a man of my word. Not really worried about any "lawsuit", I had chatted with my lawyer 2 years ago about going after him for the $$ I lost having to fix that deck (long story), and in the end we decided it wasn't worth the hassle. It got fixed and now they have a deck that you could park a truck on (and isn't 6" below grade). I really don't have any interest in digging up the issues again (bad pun). :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
no offence taken on your comments.. its sad when you think that you have covered all the bases and she is not blaming him, just wants a solution.. the company has a face book page and I am going to post about customer service...
I helped a friend a few years ago build a deck ( 2 females) and holy crap looks a lot better than the picture. it was a floating deck ( to avoid permits) and its still going strong...

All they could really do is say to contact a pest controle or reference one. Carpenters can't be held responsible for nature moving in after the project is done. I'm sure if something was wrong with how it was built they would be there right away but not many construction guys are trained in bee removal or insured lol just us crazy farm boys that dive into that haha. If she doesn't know what to do an exterminator would be the best bet if they are in the brand new deck chances are they are all threw the house as weall.