Can I add 75g of salt water instantly to my main display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thmh

Website Affiliate
My pluming is done and I will be making water for my 2x extended sump and my frag tank , my question is what's the worst that can happen if I introduce 75g instantly to my main display ?

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
There's a leak and you need to flush 75g of saltwater away:) other than that no issues.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
As far as combining 75g if new water to an existing system...,  I would just let a little at a time go through.  You obviously have a way to isolate your two systems so just let it mix in slowly:) open the valves to the new system let it circulate a minute then close it back off and let the display circulate for 10 min.  Repeat.  I may misunderstand the question though.

Thmh

Website Affiliate
This might help you understand what Iam trying to do or confuse you even more :)
photo7.jpg

iantower

I just finished setting up my system and in two turns of valves I introduced 200gal of fresh saltwater (aged for a week) into my 60gal reef. I thought that was extreme but nothing bad happened. I did add bacteria to help the population balance out though, don't know if that was needed though.
Cheers

Thmh

Website Affiliate
iantower link said:
I just finished setting up my system and in two turns of valves I introduced 200gal of fresh saltwater (aged for a week) into my 60gal reef. I thought that was extreme but nothing bad happened. I did add bacteria to help the population balance out though, don't know if that was needed though.
Cheers

Nice! Please keep me updated on the progress of your new system , since you just recently done this.

spyd

Super Active Member
Honestly, nothing bad will happen at all. Its no differentthan doing a waterchange. As long as you are using the same salt mix then you are fine. Just allow the wat to sit for a day with a heater to make sure it is at the same temp and you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.