canadacorals.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I agree, but what fine print are you talking about? Seems legit to me. Even offering 10 day arrive alive?

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Thanks guys!  ;)

I really like their website. Its very clean, professional, easy to navigate and has clear and honest pics of his corals. I think that this place has major potential. I'm looking forward to see how they do.

Duke link said:
I agree, but what fine print are you talking about? Seems legit to me. Even offering 10 day arrive alive?

+1

davesolo29

Super Active Member
it appears as tho they changed some of their policy.
when we were looking last week, they had a disclaimer about damage due shippers negligence.  whereas it would be the customers reponsibility to go after the shipper if something was wrong.
Someone on this forum sent them a message saying that no shipping company is held responsible for livestock.
They must have realized that was true and omitted it from their page.

I will wait for the other person to let us know if he got a reply regarding it.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
I did not get a response.  If it was me I would not want people complaining to Puraltor/Fed Ex that my live animals are dead because of there shipping mishap.....considering you are not suppose to be shipping live animals in the first place.

These guys look to have a great operation, there prices seem very high on some items, but some of my prices are high too :).

Personally they have nothing that interests me as most of the SPS offered have been on sale from the many cultured shipments the GTA retailers bring in on a regular basis. (or from Reef Wholesale)

$40 price tag for a cultured Acro frag seems a bit steep, especially since you can buy those colonies for $40-$60...  But, we in Ontario have a coral market like no other in Canada and we are spoiled with all the great vendors/hobbyist available to us.'

spyd

Super Active Member
I agree. The price tag on most items are scary high. Especially when you add the shipping costs. I can get some really nice high-end named corals for the same price range. The only one that really catches my eye there is their Forest Fire Digi. I have not seen one before with the blue in there as well. But, $40 for a Digi is too rich for my blood.

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
"Dead livestock is to be shipped back using Canada Post Priority Mail. Any/all shipping charges for returning dead livestock will be reimbursed to you through a store credit."

This sentence also bothers me.  Why do you have to use Canada Post? (actually why do you even have to ship dead coral back???) ..To me it looks like they are making the customer ship back dead livestock they are just forcing you to buy more livestock from them.

I wonder if the store credit can be used towards shipping?

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I understand that policy... The world isn't an honest place anymore, I'm sure ppl will claim it's dead just to get a new one....

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Poseidon link said:
I understand that policy... The world isn't an honest place anymore, I'm sure ppl will claim it's dead just to get a new one....

I believe thats why we have cameras.  I have never heard of a store asking a customer to ship back dead livestock.

Trust me you can tell if its your frag that has died or another one

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
I've never heard of that either, it is kinda dumb , but in one way I can understand it, but ya sending a pic makes alot more sense

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
What happens if all my photos are blue? Haha

High prices, but man that websites nice.

They must have paid neo a few lights for that baby ;)

Darryl_V

Super Active Member
Not just another chop shop.....but dang sure close.

$50 for a 1" frag of a maricultured abrotanoides...  colonies can be purchased for around the same price and not very rare around the GTA.  Also any one who has tried this coral long term realizes that over the long haul this acro almost always goes down hill.  So you arent paying a higher price for a proven, captive grown coral.  How is this not a chop shop again.  Oh they claim to keep there maricultured colonies for a few months.......acros can take longer than that to go down hill or go poof. 

It may not be bad if you got no other options but to me this is just fragalot with a little better website and service......I think that is worth something have you but this store is not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.