car detailing enthusiasts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phi delt reefer

anyone here detail cars as a hobby? I am picking up a brand new 2011 Dodge Journey R/T on Thursday and would love to learn how to correctly detail my car (claybar, polish, sealant, wax, etc.) I've read quite a few posts and was hoping to take dive. Would be nice to do it with an experienced person and shoot the shit while we kill a couple hours.

C

crazybizzle

If i had the time i would come help ya out for a  possible future frag or two lol jk. I used to detail some tips i can give ya would be spend the money on quality waxes and stuff. Because its new i would get a spray wash that type that is a cleaner and wax in one spray the car hose down wipe with shammy. Hose car again go over car with claybar.  For wax depends if ur using a machine or going to hand do it either way put in pad go in circles wait 10 min wipe with dry shammy in circles if using machine do the same but do not press pad down u want it to lightly touch the surface or it will burn the wax. Then when done use a spray wax sealer mist over entire car and done...only wax car once a monrh or two and if not only use claybar  the same it is a surface contamination remover not a waxer it gives the car that slippery feel. Hope this helps a bit

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
My recommendation is to go to Canadian Tire and pick up Mothers products and do the 3-Step.

1. Go with either the clay bar or the cleaner wax prep.

2. Sealer & Glaze

3. Carnauba Wax

Wax on..Wax off. Small circles, light pressure with applicator, then use a soft cotton towel or old t-shirt to buff off when product becomes a dry haze.

I have used this system for years and it works well. Takes time, but worth the results. I would recommend doing it manual versus a buffer.

Take some pics when your done and show us your results! 8)

P

phi delt reefer

here she is - only had time to do the outside...

washed
clay bared
washed again
polished/sealed
waxed

given 5 hours to this was my fathers day gift  ::)

(pics are from today - a little bit dusty from the tree pollen)

P1000776.jpg

P1000775.jpg

P1000790.jpg

P1000796.jpg

P1000795.jpg

P1000779.jpg

P1000785.jpg

P1000789.jpg

P1000780.jpg

P1000792.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.