Chalice for Sale - WYSIWYG

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
BIGSHOW link said:
[quote author=nexusnight link=topic=4307.msg43216#msg43216 date=1362442776]
Whens your next trip to london? I really like that yellow craken! Curious how fast and ho hard is it to grow?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

It is a fairly slow grower...I keep it in low light to keep the yellow colour.

Dave
[/quote]

What colour will it turn in higher light?

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
teebone110 link said:
[quote author=BIGSHOW link=topic=4307.msg43230#msg43230 date=1362444721]
[quote author=nexusnight link=topic=4307.msg43216#msg43216 date=1362442776]
Whens your next trip to london? I really like that yellow craken! Curious how fast and ho hard is it to grow?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

It is a fairly slow grower...I keep it in low light to keep the yellow colour.

Dave
[/quote]

What colour will it turn in higher light?
[/quote]

a nice glowing white  :eek:

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
To be honest it just gets really pale...I am sure it would of eventually melted away, but I never left it in high light long enough to find out.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
If that's the same stuff I have...it took about a month to move it up.  I have it near the top of the tank now, grey in daylight, bright yellow under RB's and florescent under UVs. Of course it may be a slightly different piece.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
That's the reason why I was interested in your opinion about that piece.

I'm still housing Copperkills Yellow Cracklin chalice and the colour doesn't look the same as it does in the pics. It does look good under the RB LEDs though. I have it at the bottom and it wasnt colouring up, so I moved it to the side to indirect lighting and its the same. My thinking is the same, it just takes time t adjust to lighting in different tanks. I didnt want to move it high, as I thought high light and chalice generally don't go well together.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
The pic (as usual) doesn't do it justice, it' a bright yellow (look at how blue everything is around it).  Seemed to take to better light quite well.  I can't even feed it because it's on a side. 

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
teebone110 link said:
That's the reason why I was interested in your opinion about that piece.

I'm still housing Copperkills Yellow Cracklin chalice and the colour doesn't look the same as it does in the pics. It does look good under the RB LEDs though. I have it at the bottom and it wasnt colouring up, so I moved it to the side to indirect lighting and its the same. My thinking is the same, it just takes time t adjust to lighting in different tanks. I didnt want to move it high, as I thought high light and chalice generally don't go well together.

Some of my chalice took a long time to do anything as well, slow to acclimatize.  I got that pale pink/white receding Chalice from Darryl in October and it refused to color up no matter what lighting I tried.  It grew back fairly quickly but even the new growth was just a pale purple.  Now after five months it is finally darkening up with some deeper oranges and blues mixing with the pink but still has a way to go to look fully pigmented.

Do you find the paler colored chalices are slower to adjust than the darker ones?  Any tips? 

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
"BS Two Face Rainbow" - $425 (2" x 1.5" piece)...2.5" Frag Disc.

IMG_2675.jpg

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
Giglio324 link said:
Frag swap???

I have colonies of all these frags, so if the packs don't sell prior to the swap..its yours.  If it does, I will cut you a new one, well in advance of the frag meet.

Cheers,
Dave