chloramines

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesolo29

Super Active Member
how many of you worry about this?  i know chlorine gases off, so im not concerned about that,  but chloramines dont.  most ro/di systems dont remove this.  Do you guys add prime to your water or anything?

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
they arent using chloramine in Sarnia, so were good here..

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
To be honest, I haven't thought of them.  My water all comes from my own well.  I don't put any chlorine or other products down the  well.  Can it occur naturally in water?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
London doesn't have chloramines, but an RO/DI system for sure removes chloramine.  Just an RO unit wouldn't do it 100% but adding the DI section does (0TDS is 0TDS afterall).  It is known that it uses up the DI resin faster though.  Some of it is removed with just the carbon pre and post filters. 

spyd

Super Active Member
They do use chloramines in Waterloo Region. They state they use them to extend the life of the chlorine. The REAL reason they use them is to tone down the taste of the chlorine in the water.

You can buy catalytic carbon or ChlorPlus carbon blocks from BRS to remove it. I opted for a whole home chlorine / chloramine filter. I LOVE IT!!! Not a wiff of chlorine in any of our water and the filter lasts for 6 years.

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Sounds great for those with City water.  That's one of the things I hated about living in the city when I did.  I sure don't miss the bad taste either.  I guess they weren't adding it when I lived in KW because I could sure taste that Chlorine, ugh

chuckm

Add Seachem's "prime" one 500ml bottle treats 5000 gallons, removes chlorine, chloramine, ammonia. and denitrifies nitrate and nitrite. great product.  I live in Windsor where we use detroit river water as the source, need i say more... :-X

davesolo29

Super Active Member
prime is what i always used when i had freshwater tanks.  i always figured that my rodi system would take care of everything so i stopped using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.